Changing window size

iVillage Member
Changing window size
Fri, 01-26-2007 - 11:36pm

How do you change the size of a window?  For instance, if you click on a link and a new window opens, what determines the size of that window?  For some reason, the new window on my pc is now very small.  Of course I can "maximize" it but I'd like it to be bigger automatically - but not full size.  Any advice?

Thanks.

shelfname.gif

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-28-2007 - 11:47am

What version are you running IE 6 or 7?

Have you cleared your temp. internet files etc......all the regular stuff?

Then try maximizing by hitting the middle button by the red x in the corner then try closing everything and opening it up again.

Usually with IE 6 the first way would do it......so just checking all the ways.......lol

Janet

Have a nice day !.
iVillage Member
Sat, 01-27-2007 - 1:23pm
Thanks Janet, but I already tried that and it doesn't work.

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-27-2007 - 11:39am

Try this......

When that small window opens drag it bigger don't use the button on the top.......but drag it side to side and top to bottom then go to File - Exit then close IE and open it again and see if it still opens small. Let's hope they get this fixed in Vista.........there are a ton of those little things that aren't a big deal like a crash or something but those little things will drive us up the wall.........

I have one I like my photos to open in Thumbnail but I have tried a number of things but they won't open back up in thumbnail......but then I don't want my documents to open my documents like that so I just have to trade off...LOL

Let me know if that helps your window..........

Janet

Have a nice day !.