Thank you, thank you ... whomever !

iVillage Member
Thank you, thank you ... whomever !
Mon, 02-12-2007 - 5:31pm

I mostly lurk here, though I post occasionally.  I have learned to do some simple things for myself and make better decisions about computer-related matters.

I've had one problem for quite a while, though I never got around to posting about it.  My optical mouse has been giving me a ton of trouble.  It would just go "dead" every once in a while.  I tried a second optical mouse and it, too, behaved this way.  I would usually just give up and turn the computer off for a while.  It seemed to be happening more and more often and interfering with my board responsibilities.

I read my computer manual but couldn't find any helpful tips.

Quite a while back someone had recommended Leo Laporte's PC Help Desk and I ordered it.  Finally, I got that out today and it is great!!!  It is pretty much at my computer literacy level and offered a bunch of carefully sequenced sugggestions.

My mouse connects to a USB port.  I unplugged it and plugged it into another USB port and all has been well.

I don't recall who recommended this book, but I am eternally grateful =)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Visit iVillage Total Health today!

AcornLeaves
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-12-2007 - 9:47pm

Of all the tv shows that they have gone away I miss Call for Help the most. I loved Leo Laporte.....If you ever want to see him he does the techy stuff on ABC Live with Regis and Kelly from time to time.....he can make things very easy.

My optical mouse was giving me a pain also.... then I read somewhere that I should uninstall the software that came with it and restart the computer and let Windows take care of it. And sure enough I have not had a problem since. Just another thing to try if it don't work for you......

Janet

Have a nice day !.