Can't chat in pogo.com

iVillage Member
Can't chat in pogo.com
Sun, 02-25-2007 - 11:15am

my mom is a club member in pogo.com  she now can't chat with anyone while playing the game because although she can see what others are typing, the chat window where she is supposed to type is gone.  it might be an ie 7 issue because she has the dumb address bar at t he bottom of her screen.  i am not sure how ie 7 looks or works because i don't have it.  she said she didn't purposly download ie 7 but if she has auto update, it probably downloaded it for her. i am not sure if she does have ie 7 but i am thinking so.  it tells you how to get rid of the address bar at the bottom in ie 7 on the pogo website but when i do that, i don't see anything according to the directions which makes me think she does NOT have ie 7 but the address bar is still at the bottom.  any ideas how to fix it?  she is paying to use pogo.com and can't even chat on there and no one from   pogo is answering her about the problem.  thanks

Rebeccaflowerboys.jpg  

exercisedtodayblinky.gifh2odrinkerblinky.gifonlinefriendsblinky.gif   

MMNathan.gif

boyspics2.jpg picture by pepperderr 

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-26-2007 - 9:08pm

I have IE 7 and I don't know about any addressbar on the bottom I have a long unsquishable addressbar and a searh bar that I can't get rid of at the top.......that we can't get rid of either but I hope that when they get to fixing things the change this fat bar mine is fat and takes up to much room up there.

About the Pogo Chat Khatru1 may have the answer in that url......I on the other hand don't have paid Pogo and unlike before I used to be able to close the chatand not have it there at all......those people in there can get out some things that I don't want to see or read at all so I can close it and scroll up so just my name is showing but I would rather not have it there at all like I could before......I am not a fan of open chat rooms I don't know who is in there and they are always trying to get me to talk to them and I don't wanna.........lol I just want to play by myself..........lol

Hope she gets hers fixed...........Janet

Have a nice day !.
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-27-2007 - 12:19pm
Thanks.

boyspics2.jpg picture by pepperderr 

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-27-2007 - 8:41pm

LOL, I am an old mother and I can't do more than one thing at a time any more.......like I did when the kids were young...lol

I was 53 when I got my first computer and not knowing anybetter got into an open chat.......I knew right then and there I wasn't old enough for that stuff........lol.......So now I just chat with people I know....lol

Janet

Have a nice day !.