Yikes, Vista problems!!

iVillage Member
Yikes, Vista problems!!
Tue, 03-06-2007 - 11:25pm
We don't have Vista, and it looks like it'd be better NOT to have it for awhile.  In our paper tonight someone wrote in how all of a sudden they were unable to use their printer.  They contacted Microsoft, since they had just started using Vista, and the response they got was basically wait a few months, we'll have a new driver for your printer then!  I agree with the writer, that's not right!  The fellow who does the article basically said it's okay to have XP and Vista on your computer so you can use all your other goodies, but I think until they get the kinks worked out I'm sticking with my XP for a long time!  Didn't Microsoft think of this stuff before they rushed to get Vista on the market??? 

~~Joannaran near Boston, with Jessie and Jake~~

~~joannaran~~

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-07-2007 - 4:17pm

Well talk about rushing,,,,,I think Vista was to come out last year and they kept putting it off and putting it off. So they had plenty of time to get things better.

Have a nice day !.
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-07-2007 - 4:40pm

I just found that PSP 7.4 the one I have and 9,10 and 11 should work on Vista but Photoshop Elements 4 was the only one listed and I have #1 I think.....and I bought 3 which I didn't like as well as the old one.

I also have a 3Com home connect camera it was for years listed as the best web came because of it's abillity to use available light and it has a good clear picture....... it wouldn't run on XP but they put out drivers for it which I have on disk......but that is not listed either.....

Don't think I am ready for Vista yet.......MS says that Vista will run on 512 MB of ram but the techs say nothing less than 1 GB........I would say go with at least 2 that way you are a little ahead and won't have to update so fast........

Janet

Have a nice day !.