Cursor problem

iVillage Member
Cursor problem
Sat, 04-14-2007 - 6:46pm

We have had our Dell laptop for about 1 1/2 years. We are on a wireless network.

When I go to type a message, e-mail, document, etc. I get skipped letters, spaces etc. I have to push keys multiple times and backspace a lot to go back and make corrections. When I stop and watch the cursor, it appears that it goes through episodes where it flashes erratically. Like it stays on, skips a flash or flickers as its flashing. This is frustrating the heck out of me. Anybody know what is causing this???? Computer itself seems to be having slow speed issues also. I think this is because when I click on something it is not acknowledging the click right away.

Jut to sow yowhat I' deing ith, th is how t woulloo i I wwa typin a t peed thatIcantype. The irst message tok me twie to hreeetime as long o typ. elp.......

Tanks
Tina

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-14-2007 - 10:11pm

Hey that is the way I typed at first.......lol

First I am going to assume that you have all your updates.........because Windows just put out a fix for the

Have a nice day !.
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-15-2007 - 12:56am

Thanks for all the info. I also went on a Dell Forum site and found the advice to turn off the synaptics pointing device. It seemed to help somewhat. I have a touch pad mouse that I use.

Didn't completly fix the problem...I'm typig like tis now. Not qite as bad as before.

I am somewhat computer iliterate...can you tell me where I go to activate my Windows updates? I usually just update things when I get a prompt on the screen to do it. My DH should be able to help me decypher your other suggestions.

Thanks again
Tina