Confused working with folders

iVillage Member
Confused working with folders
Mon, 06-18-2007 - 4:02am
Ok, so we have a disk now with the photos I thought I'd lost for good. I was trying to get ALL of our photos organized, there are several catagories listed under "photos". But somehow one or two are now under other sub-categories, rather than a category of their own. Such as the main folder is just "photos". Under that I want one that says "people pics", "dog pics", "house pics", etc. Right now the people pics are somehow listed UNDER house pics, if you get my drift here. How do I get them up a level so I can find them easily? Minor problem but I've never known how to move them up a level.

~~joannaran~~

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-18-2007 - 5:04pm

You can highlight the photos that are out of sync and simply drag them to the folder that you want them in..

Are you using a program for you photos one that organizes and all that for you?

I tried to use them I had different photo album programs and they drove me nuts.......mainly cause I didn't know what they wanted me to do in the first place so it made me mad..........And I ditched the programs.

Others can use those programs and get along fine.

This is how I handle photos and have gotten along fine........

In My Photos I made folders........ for sake of this I will use Smith and Jones......

My maided name was Jones......I have a folder with that name. In there I have folders one for each of my bros and sis. As the photos come in they are put like Jones, Joe then all his and his family photos are put in his folder. My photos and my family are in Janet's folder.

I have one for the Smith's too.

Pictures that I took in my yard or around town etc I have under Out my Window.. but as time went on I had to put a folder in there and move some photos to Out My Window Flowers......lol.......I have a thing about them....lol.

When I have the ones taken here at the camper they go into At the Camper etc.........

Not rocket science but this has worked for me..............

One of the reasons I do it this way is when I started using one of those Photo programs I hit a button called Organize............it mixed up all my 5 years of work.........No I didn't want to toss the computer but the person who told me that this program was the best thing since sliced bread..........heard my rath not to her face but none the less...........lol.......

Have fun

Janet

Have a nice day !.
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-18-2007 - 9:17am
Well you cant change the structure of a read-only disc but if you copy it as-is to your hard drive you can simply drag any folder you want up or down to any level that you wish using say windows explorer. Then you could burn a new disc with the structure that you want after you get done rearranging it on your pc.