DH & I don't understand this at all

iVillage Member
DH & I don't understand this at all
Mon, 07-02-2007 - 8:07am

We have Charter for an server, not bad. We've had plenty of e-mail weirdness, but this one really baffles us. We each have our own separate e-mail, complete with different user names right in the separate addresses. The other day I sent MYSELF a couple of web site finds via e-mail sent to my own personal Charter e-mail. They ended up in DH's e-mail inbox, not mine. Both have our last name in the addresses, but his has his first initial in front and mine has mine. Nope, I didn't make a boo boo, they say right in the body of them MY e-mail address as the destination, several of them in one evening, I did indeed send them to MY address. This did happen in the past a few times, too. Plus a friend had a few of her e-mails end up in his e-mail, as well.

We didn't think this COULD happen. Does this make sense in any way?

Notice I've posted so often lately, maybe our computer techie here is right and this computer is on its way out, ha!

~~joannaran~~

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-02-2007 - 10:08am
Hmmm well I would have said if all your emails are getting delivered incorrectly, that it is simply having the settings wrong in Outlook or whatever you use. For example you put your username and password into Outlook under your husbands account, that would suck down all your email into his box. But since i'm sure you mean that only some emails get delivered wrong, ones you sent, ones your friends have sent to you, then it must be that Charter is your problem.
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-02-2007 - 6:23pm

I would say too that it is the isp this time........lol

When we moved to the little town that we live in there were no other people in the mail area with our towns address with our name........Now years and years ago there were some people there but they had long been gone and were not related.........then a teacher moved in and taught for one year.......she had our last name.....no relation either..........she left after the first year..........And to this day even though it has been probably 20 years the postmaster figures if it has our last name on it that it must be ours.........and once in a while she will still get an ad or something that would have nothing to do with us we didn't have have a kid with her first name.......which was Pat.............lol

That is the PO fault............LOL

Janetttt

Have a nice day !.
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-05-2007 - 5:41pm
It is Charter. They "sort of" try to say it's OE at fault, but then when you listen to what they have to SAY, it comes down to Charter. Still not sure I really understand it, but several different techs have said, yes, e-mails CAN cross like this if your main e-mail (OE) is malfunctioning. The server just picks the next mostly likely inbox connected to the account, IF I understood what they said keeps happening, and that cannot be good no matter how you look at it. Things that were meant to stay private suddenly become public that way, not good, others have total access to your e-mail. Is that OE's fault? I think not. My e-mails should not be able to end up in DH's inbox, or anyone else's. OE has been disabled until we get that new computer, the old one is still failing.

~~joannaran~~