Question on mail servers

iVillage Member
Question on mail servers
Sat, 07-07-2007 - 2:51pm

I hope I can word this right! lol.
I have switched from dial-up ISP (at&t/yahoo) to our local cable for internet access. I have been set up with an e-mail account with the cable.
Currently I still have an e-mail with the dial-up ISP- I have yet to cancel the service- I did contact at&t and was advised that once I cancel their service I will loose access to my e-mail account - so I am in the process of changing my address to the cable isp address.

I run IE-7 with Outlook Express but I had changed the POP/SMTP from Outlook to at&t yahoo as my default e-mail:so do I need to change the POP/SMTP to my new/cable provider as the default?

Kathy
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-08-2007 - 12:40pm

Was your email address @ at&t or @ Yahoo?

Have a nice day !.
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-09-2007 - 12:39pm
I did contact the ISP provider that gave me step/step instructions on changing my Outlook POP/STMP over to the new server and all is working well!
Kathy
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-09-2007 - 11:35pm

I know everytime I had to call my ISP they were always so nice.......but then after a few years when I needed to call I felt like they thought I had just turned on my first computer....LOL.......they are always so nice and calm.

Glad everything is up and running............ I like Outlook Express..... I have more fun with that than most anything else.........

Janet

Have a nice day !.