Graphic problems w/ wide screen

iVillage Member
Graphic problems w/ wide screen
Sat, 08-04-2007 - 8:17pm

Help ... I have a Dell Inspiron E1705 laptop that is/has a wide monitor.

Long story short, I had to do PCRESTORE (reinstall OS) and nothing looks like it did before.  The graphics are all fuzzy and ragged (ivillage, gmail, etc.)

Does anyone have any suggestions?  I know I had it on full monitor (I didn't have any thick black borders around anything before, so that's not the answer.)

Win XP Media Edition
IE 6+

What else do you need? 

(and for those with really good memories -- no I never had my desktop fixed yet.  but will be calling one of those Geek places sooner or later.)

And my new motto:  BACK UP EVERYTHING!!!  I know common sense, but we're probably all bad at doing it.   Or not doing it, I should say.

Thanks,

Mia

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-05-2007 - 5:03pm

Here is the thing.....

I too have a Dell Inspiron 15.4 screen that I am running with the black on the edges because when I go to the wide screen what happens for me is I see what you would see if you stretched words on a rubber balloon sideways it was all whonky......when I didn't mention it I had my DH with me in WalMart one time and we were looking at those smaller wide screen tvs....HE said "Boy, Shania has really gained weight hasn't she?" Need I say more? I am sure that they will get it right sometime but right now unless you don't care wide screens stretch the picture and for some of us it makes it very uncomforable and for me I couldn't stand it.........but I have a wider keyboard than on a square laptop..........lol

But I had to play around with mine for a long time before I finally went back to the normal squarish screen.... I would suggest if you are a member of the Dell forums they can tell you exactly......that is where I go, saved me from having to call them which is silly since I had warranty........lol.....

Have a nice day !.
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-05-2007 - 5:19pm

You remember?