Agghhhh.... ID problem, help!

iVillage Member
Agghhhh.... ID problem, help!
Sun, 08-19-2007 - 11:25am
I have an earthlink.net e-mail I've used and I stupidly lost the paper that has the user ID AND the password written on it. I've tried all the combinations I usually use, I have a bunch of e-mail accounts, but I must have used something weird, I haven't used it in a few months and I cannot remember it at all! A friend says she has sent me e-mails to that earthlink account and now I have tried for weeks to open it. Is there any way to find out both the ID and password? I'm not that great on a computer to begin with, but I have no idea how to do this. A-Z, please, if you can help. Without the correct info, you cannot even log in!
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-19-2007 - 8:02pm
What they ask for there is the address you made up to log in with. I only used it a few times to send stuff, never received anything before. I'm just baffled I can't figure out for the life of me what address I made up, I've tried first name/last name/ initials, combinations of both, NOTHING does it. It's not the end of the world I gues if I don't figure it out, but it's just frustrating. I wanted this one kept private, afraid I made up something nobody would guess. Including me it appears.
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-19-2007 - 6:07pm

Have you tried the Earthlink website?

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-19-2007 - 1:08pm
Aha, sure hope somebody has the answser because I have prety much the same thing. I forgot the new password and the new id I put in, so haven't been able to open it for months. Earthlink, too. Any options for locating that new password and id? Makes me feel stooooopid.