Still need help with our new Dell

iVillage Member
Still need help with our new Dell
Mon, 11-26-2007 - 1:51am

I'm rapidly getting tired of Dell's customer service.  Years ago I swear I read they were good in that area, now what I read says just the opposite.  I have now spent 3 hours or so on the phone with 3 separate Dell reps, all clearly outsourced halfway around the world with a strong accent I can barely understand (which isn't helping matters, I I hear "here's the thing" one more time.....popular over there, I guess).  They have asked me to do all kinds of small things, none of which has done a thing for the problem (mentioned in my other posts).  The last call ended up with this rep requesting me to back up everything currently on the computer so we don't lose it, since she wanted me to return everything to the factory default settings in an attempt to fix the problem.  Since nothing has improved in 3 hours of phone calls, I'm reluctant to do that!  Dell has been unsuccessful opening up an on-line connection where they take control and fix things themselves, it's called connectdell, but it isn't working.  Thought we had a good price on this computer, but we've shelled out about $200 with our area computer techies getting things configured and re-configured.  Calling Microsoft would be for a fee, if I need go to "further" with Dell's customer service, that will also be for a fee.  But being on my own isn't sounding so good, either.  The main problem we are having is the same.  Certain things cause IE to begin to shut down, esp. any type of financial transactions or making credit card payments online like I always do.  Click on "submit" and IE starts to close immediately. 

Anybody have any experience with this kind of problem?  I have no idea what more to do. 

~~Joannaran near Boston, with Jessie and Jake~~

~~joannaran~~

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-26-2007 - 7:37am

You previously wrote:

Amy

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-26-2007 - 5:58pm
Will they take it back if you ordered it and had it delivered?

~~joannaran~~

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-28-2007 - 1:22pm

I'm not sure I have a solution- but I just had to point out something- as I too have a Dell my DS has a Dell Laptop and my DD and her husband have 2Dells- you realize that VISTA is a Microsoft product- not Dell's.

Kathy
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-28-2007 - 7:13pm

I have to agree with Foxymom. There have been a lot of people having trouble with IE 7 and Vista....and not all on Dell computers.

Here are some known problems with IE http://www.ie-vista.com/known_issues.html

Have a nice day !.
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-29-2007 - 1:44am
Defend away, we're just flustrated, to use my MIL's favorite word.

~~joannaran~~

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-30-2007 - 1:12pm

Look at you security settings. Also like another person said here, and this is advise we give everyone. DELETE NORTON!!!!!!!!!

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-02-2007 - 6:30am

Wow, if they'll do the downgrade I think we'll likely do it.

~~joannaran~~

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-03-2007 - 9:13am

You previously wrote:

Amy

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-03-2007 - 2:44pm

I got X P shortly after it came out and ended up having to get a new printer and scanner even though the ones I had were only about 4 months old.........Ticked? You bet..........I swore I would never do that again.....so if they keep Vista and I can't run a couple of programs that I have

Have a nice day !.
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-03-2007 - 2:46pm
Nope, it didn't completely.

~~joannaran~~

Pages