Please PLease Please Help me!!

iVillage Member
Please PLease Please Help me!!
Sun, 01-06-2008 - 5:41pm

I made a dumb mistake and wipe clean my harddrive...yea i know DUMB!! well I only have an external usb cd rom...I can't get it to boot...so now I have a laptop with a pretty sign that says "NO bootable Devices" what do i do?? I am trying to put windows xp back on it!!

It's a Dell Latitude C600 thanks for your help!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-09-2008 - 12:41pm
did you Dell come with a recovery disk(s)? if it did you should use them(it) to reinstall Windows on it. If you dont have any disks then you have to talk to Dell about getting some and they will probably charge you for them.
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-09-2008 - 1:11pm

Did you purchase the computer direct from Dell? If so- they should have sent you all of the Program discs with the computer. We have a Dell and my DS has a Dell laptop - all of the program/driver discs came with it.

Once on our PC I had to remove all of the programs and then re-load everything back on- but at the time I was still under my warrenty with Dell and I was on the phone w/them and they helped me step by step with putting everything back on.

Kathy
iVillage Member
Sun, 01-13-2008 - 1:03am

Heres how to fix it if you have the disk.

1 start up your laptop with the disk in the drive.

2 At the dell loading screen type F12

3 Now your in the bios screen, move over to boot tab, us the down arrow until the usb port is highlighted.

then hit f6 until it is at the top of the list. Then hit f10, then hit enter to the box that pops up.

4 Know your computer will load from the disk.

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-14-2008 - 8:20am

In reference to your comment
Or if you weather have someone fix it go to our website ( cpu.spruz.com

Amy