Vista finds

iVillage Member
Vista finds
Sat, 02-23-2008 - 5:50pm

I thought I would start a string here for things about Vista that we are all going to have to find out sooner or later I suppose....but mostly for those who have Vista now....

One place to look is the Kim Komando site....  http://www.komando.com/columns/index.aspx?id=4524 This one is about some hidden Vista secrets.....

She has a good newsletters too if you would like to subscribe.... there is a lot of helpful info in them and on her site..

So every time I find something I will post it here. If you find something that you think might help go ahead and post it too....so we can all learn........

Thanks

Janet

Have a nice day !.
iVillage Member
In reply to: cl_emty_nstr
Sat, 03-01-2008 - 9:27pm

I really like the media center and the instant search.

siggie
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-02-2008 - 3:48pm

I have been going to the Dell website and configuring my next computer.....and drooling.....lol..... I just wondered if I should get the media center one or not. I don't do music or movies and I am not going to download a movie and watch it on my computer chair........lol......

They told me that 4GB of ram was kind of over kill and I told them that would be better that the dying slowly like I am now...My desktop runs like dial up when I am not on the internet. Actually the internet isn't as bad as just opening something off line.....

I really want to be able to open up my graphics program and not have to wait for things to open..... I am sitting here getting old fast enough without waiting for a picture to open......lol

Janet

Have a nice day !.
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-02-2008 - 9:01pm

Some thoughts...............I paid the extra and got the 4 GB RAM.

siggie
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-03-2008 - 8:53pm

I have had my eye on the XPS 420.

And they say that the bottom version of Vista isn't much at all. I too think I will go for the media one. I am looking at right after the SP1 is out and it will already be on Vista when I got it. Then I won't have to get nervous till SP2.........lol

Now because of your post I can't hardly wait. Like I said my desktop is all but unusable becuase it is so slow....I went and checked out memory for it and I came up with way over $200 for the 2 sticks of 512. The lowest was $239. Some geeks have told me to go to a couple different places and get it for under $100 but I sure can't find it. I was going to use my desktop just for PSP7 but I read one lady say that Vista only lets v7 on how about that..lol

How about stationary can you use that in the new mail program? Does it come with some?

I think I am going to take almost everything off of the laptop and so I can just use it in the camper......cause when I get the new computer here there is no way I am sitting here in the living room on the laptop......I know that Del likes to have me in here when he is watching tv ??? But with the new computer he will have to get over it.........lol

Janet

Have a nice day !.