Windows 2000 font installation prob!!!

iVillage Member
Windows 2000 font installation prob!!!
Wed, 04-16-2008 - 4:39pm

I am doing EVERYTHING right but this comes up every time I go to install a new font:

"The "whatever.TTF" file is currently being used and cannot be replaced. Wait until Windows is finished using the file, and then try again."
I am NOT using the font anywhere...WHY does this happen? I have Re-Booted...checked on Microsoft and a BAZZILLION other sights and no-one ever mentions this popping up when they try to install...

ANYBODY....HELP!!!!
TIA

Photobucket
Mom to two great kids...David and Morgan
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-17-2008 - 9:11am
I read a couple things about having to be the administrator in order to install fonts and to try installing them by simply dragging the file to the C:\WINDOWS\Fonts folder.
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-17-2008 - 9:23am
You hit the nail ON THE HEAD! My "DH" (I was pretty mad at him last night) had made himself admin of my computer which made ME not able to load new brushes and fonts...needless to say I have my OWN Admin login now so I can do what I need to ;) Thanks for looking into it for me...MUCH APPRECIATED!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-17-2008 - 1:41pm

After a while if you install a lot of fonts it can slow down your computer. Something else you can do is to install them in a folder in My Documents or where ever it would be easy for you to get to......then download a font viewer like http://www.ampsoft.net/utilities/FontViewer.php

Have a nice day !.