Email & Vista

iVillage Member
Email & Vista
Wed, 04-23-2008 - 12:25am
I had the same Yahoo email address for years.  Never had a problem with my email before.  We have Vista now.   My problem is that people are not receiving my emails ( although they are in the sent folder and appear to have been sent ) and I wasn't receiving any from them.  Every once in a while one will go through, or I will receive one.  By far, more emails are lost in cyberspace than I receive.  Thinking the problem was with Yahoo, I switched to Hotmail.  The same thing is still happening.  Do you think this may be a problem with Yahoo and Hotmail?  Or is this just one more problem on Vista's rap sheet? 
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-23-2008 - 9:29am
If you are using a web based email system like yahoo or hotmail, it would have nothing to do with your operating system, Vista or otherwise.
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-28-2008 - 12:33am
I haven't encountered that with Vista, we use our server e-mail.

~~joannaran~~

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-28-2008 - 1:40pm

I have said before that I have several email addresses. My ISP I use with OE never have a problem with that Hotmail and Yahoo I use for newsletters and things of that sort.....but Gmail was mostly just sitting there getting more space and I wasn't using it.

Then one day I thought why not have my digital scrap stuff sent there some times there could be

Have a nice day !.
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-28-2008 - 11:25pm
Thanks for that advice about gmail.
siggie