Is there a way to know this???

iVillage Member
Is there a way to know this???
Mon, 06-02-2008 - 10:32pm
We had company over the holiday weekend and the 15-year old son tinkered on our computer, playing some video games, etc.  DH swears he walked in once and the kid was in one of our e-mails, he acted very nervous and backed out of it and DH thinks a couple of e-mails he had not even opened are now open, DH had it set temporarily so it would open without a password.  I hate to think that, but is there a way to know for sure?  Is there a "clock" or something that would tell us if someone had visited our e-mail at a time neither of us was online?  Not happy with this but I don't want to make a huge ordeal out of it, either, I doubt they'll be staying over again. 

~~Joannaran near Boston, with Jessie and Jake~~

~~joannaran~~

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-04-2008 - 5:58pm

I am the only one on my computers .......period.......so when I know there will be kids here I turn it off and unplug it and take the power cord and put it in a drawer........if they want on a computer then they can bring their own...... If I had kids they would have to have their own..... I know that sounds nasty but then I am very mean anyway.....

Unless he sent something out or recieved an email you might not be able to tell if he did anymore than read your email...... I don't have a password on mine since I am the only one.

Probably the next time he comes in the door I would excuse myself and take care of the computer and tell him it is not running today.........

GRRRR

Janet

Have a nice day !.
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-05-2008 - 8:52am
I don't think there is any way you could tell for sure that he opened up any of your emails.
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-05-2008 - 4:57pm

It's possible they might not be visiting again, since they're moving farther away, but she is a good friend so I'd rather she did visit!!!

~~joannaran~~

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-05-2008 - 5:01pm
DH knows he DID open them, since he hadn't seen them himself yet, and he's quite sure he saw the screen just for a second or two.

~~joannaran~~

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-06-2008 - 8:18am

There maybe a way to at least view when someone was last logged on- I actually just tried this now myself.

Click on your "history" icon - right now on my work computer this is right next to my "favorites" star. Click on the date that you want to find- for ex. I picked "today" - it showed a list of sites that I have visited so far. As it happens I did look at my RoadRunner mail (my "home" mail) today.

Kathy
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-06-2008 - 3:48pm
Thanks for the thought, we delete all that stuff regularly, so it's long gone.

~~joannaran~~