question for ya janet

iVillage Member
question for ya janet
Tue, 07-29-2008 - 9:02am
i'm having problems with my avatar. i can't get it to change, things i have used before will not upload. when i try to change all i get is a big square with a little red x in it. can you tell me what to do? i would really like to something of mine instead of the ivillage avatars. i know that the ladybug mug shows up here but it's on my cl one that i am having a problem.
thanks bunches,
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-29-2008 - 11:34am

Avatars have to be small. You can tell that by right clicking on them and going to properties....sometimes just holding your mouse over it will show you that it is so much X so much.... for iVillage they have to be 100 wide x 150 tall.....and about 72K it will tell you that in the properties.

Then too it has to be saved on your computer. Not one you got and it is still in an email or something or on another site.....So download something that will fit and that should upload. Oh, yes, make sure that the picture is in the right format.

Have a nice day !.
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-29-2008 - 12:32pm
janet,
i have tried all that already. when i hit the upload button it turns black and then a box comes up with a red x in it where the avatar should be.
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Administrator
Mon, 08-25-2008 - 3:58pm

Hi Ellen!

Generally speaking, when there is a red x, that means there is no image (or link to image).

Size wouldn't cause that error.

Erin
Community Technical Assistant | Community Moderator
iVillage.com

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-31-2008 - 11:57am

This has been going on with me for a couple of months now and there are other cl's that have the same problem.