Annoying problems happening

iVillage Member
Annoying problems happening
Mon, 09-15-2008 - 5:01pm
Kinda new.  Pages freezing, that box that keeps telling me IE is not responding and what do I want to do about it, I'll type in an internet address and then nothing opens.  I've already tried complete shutdowns and disconnecting the modem cable like they always tell you to try first, no improvement.  Ran security, it said there is no vermin on this computer right now.  Is there something I'm just not thinking of trying?  Other than changing servers?  I really think we need to switch, Charter is listed pretty low on quality and I'm back to having that hijacking issue they say isn't their problem at all. 

~~joannaran~~

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-17-2008 - 10:12am

I don't either know about those techie things about how one company gets in and another don't.....

Some background......I too am in a small town, if you look up Norfolk Nebraska population some will call it a small town too but thousands compaired to 400 it is big.......and is the closest bigger town 55

Have a nice day !.
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-15-2008 - 10:51pm

None of my computer friends uses Charter.

~~joannaran~~

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-15-2008 - 6:16pm

Just for you I went and read some comments on Charter and the Charter Pipeline which some call a Poopline.....lol....

One person out of all the ones I read said it was great most of them said they had slow broadband, outages and when they

Have a nice day !.