Problems with Adobe

iVillage Member
Problems with Adobe
Wed, 03-11-2009 - 8:57pm

I hope someone can help me with this problem. It seems to be an adobe Reader problem, when I click on something the adobe won't read it and I often get the message that says

Error 1714

Older Version of Adobe Reader 9 cannot be removed. Contact your technical support group.

Is there anything I can do to fix this or is my computer having a bigger problem ?  Thanks

Linda

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-11-2009 - 9:43pm

I rarely use the reader maybe a few times a year.....but it says I need the new version and I download and install......but thank you for asking because I found out a few things about Acrobat reader 9.

Even though it says that the download is 33MB when opened it balloons to over 200MB.....I have always thought of it as a little program that you had to have incase you needed it but that it wasn't a big deal.....well that isn't so anymore....

The only thing I would suggest is to uninstall it and then redownload it and install...

I found one that is small and free and it can be just a reader

Have a nice day !.
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-11-2009 - 10:25pm

Thanks for responding Janet, but that is my problem. I can't uninstall it, it says the older version of adobe reader 9 cannot be removed. And then tells me to contact my technical support group. I had hoped that someone here knew something about it.

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-12-2009 - 9:22am

check this out:
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=333223

do you have possibly multiple versions of acrobat reader?