Crazy Charter site

iVillage Member
Crazy Charter site
Sat, 04-18-2009 - 4:28pm
I have to laugh at this - well almost - by now.  I've posted a number of times we have Charter as our server.  No matter WHERE I am on the internet, I can count on the page in front of me vanishing, often two or three times in an hour - and in a heartbeat I'm staring at Charter's main page, without my permission.  Lately it hasn't been QUITE as bad, for some reason.  I logged on this afternoon, no one else has touched the computer since I logged off last night.  I had left it open to Charter's main page.  Well, I opened up "history" and know what I found?  It had flipped itself to Charter's own main page EIGHTEEN times overnight.  It was listed 18 times in history in just about 12 hours.  I don't know if how I'm phrasing this makes it clear, but this would be the proof Charter would need to see why I've called and begged for assistance many times.  They just keep denying it, saying Charter has nothing to gain by returning me over and over to their main page.  Except those pesky ads on that page, of course.  I've lost a hundred e-mails in progress and have become quite adept using the history function, which most quickly can return me where I WAS a moment before, but it's so annoying.  Charter really won't help with this, they just deny it's them causing it.  It's not Dell or Microsoft, I've talked to them, as well.  But it blows my mind they keep flipping me to their OWN main page, even when I'm already there!  18 listings in history doesn't lie! 

~~joannaran~~

~~joannaran~~

Community Leader
Sun, 04-19-2009 - 10:32pm

I have been hearing about Charter for a long time and I know they must be real stinkers....well as much trouble as you have had is bad......but I couldn't even read all these

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-20-2009 - 8:49am
I'm curious if this happens with any browser or is it just happening with IE?
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-20-2009 - 11:15pm
The only browser we use is IE.

~~joannaran~~

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-21-2009 - 6:51pm

My DH was sitting here while I was reading some posts and he don't have much to do with the computer unless we look

Have a nice day !.