recording to cd from internet

iVillage Member
recording to cd from internet
Sun, 04-26-2009 - 4:44pm

Ok folks I am really confused about this and just as determined to figure it out  lol

I use a walkman with cd's for my walks---the faster the beat the better my walk, get it? lol I want to get some new ones. My daughter made the ones I have BUT I would like to know myself where and how to go about this

My walkman is a Panasonic MP3 PLAYER and has wonderful sound and disks are CD-R's.

OK now for the hard questions--I want to get some Alabama, Beatles and others so I would probably go to Internet radio, right?  Yes I am an "oldies' lover. I do like Martina and Reba and some new others......I don't like one particular type of music.

Ok so how do I do this...I have  a Dell XP and it seems to use Windows Media Player...

I need to know exactly what to do here.....I am thinking I have to "burn" the songs from the Internet???? Please don't tell me it would be better to buy an MP3 player......I don't have much $ and I have this walkman that has served me well.

Can anyone bring this poor soul into even more Techno knowledge on this amazing instrument? lol  Do I sound pitiful enough? ha ha

Seriously , I really would like to know how to do this so any help would be great.

Thanks yet again

Susanne

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-28-2009 - 12:18am

I would never tell you to buy an MP3 player after all I am the one who is still listening to her old record albums.

I would say and I don't know if thise would work if you find a song and you have to save it, save it it as it is playing to your CD burner? I really don't know that is how I would try it......but maybe someone else has the right way to do it....I know we always had to have the music playing for a cassette.......lol....but maybe it is different now.

Now then for the music. When I went to look one guy says

Have a nice day !.
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-28-2009 - 8:54am
Unfortunately I use the illegal stuff like Limewire. I am not sure how else you might get those songs for free. I suppose a person could try to capture Internet radio, there must be a way, some software than can capture it to your hard drive, but I would have to look into it a little.