Haven't posted and Windows 7

iVillage Member
Haven't posted and Windows 7
Wed, 03-03-2010 - 2:41am

Hi. I haven't posted in a while. Some might remember my name. Seems like I posted on this board before.

I got a Windows 7 laptop. Some online driving games don't work like they should on my Windows 7 laptop. Like at Miniclip.com I tried to do Age of Speed on my Windows 7 laptop. Said something about shockwave player 11.5 and I clicked allow and came up a few times and I said allow. I click quick race and get to where you are starting to race. It looks like it is working. When the race starts, my car won't drive right. I did it just now and when race started car was going backward in circles. I wasn't pressing anything on the keyboard and wasn't pressing anything on the keyboard. The arrow keys are how you drive and I wasn't pressing any of those. It acted like I was pressing the down and left arrow and I am not pressing any arrows. Car was going backward in cirles. I have a Vista desktop and Age of Speed works like it supposed to. When  I try and do the Age Of Speed on my Windows 7 laptop it says about shockwave player all the time. I click to do that and never drives right.

I just went to Bubblebox.com, another game site, and I seen if I could do Avalanche on Windows 7 laptop. I wasn't pressing any buttons and it was like I was pressing the left arrow key but had my hands off of my keyboard. I can press left arrow key when typing this message and cursor would go to the left and stop when I stop pressing it. Then I could press right and get it where I could type again and it is how it should be typing messages. So it aint my arrow keys. Maybe bug that is in Windows 7 they haven't fixed yet?? Does anyone know about why it would do this? I have Vista desktop and it does Age of Speed and Avalanche good. When I try and do on this laptop that is Windows 7 that is when I see the problem. Was wondering if anyone here knows about what that could be. Arrow keys works good unless i do some online games with the arrow keys. I did Red Line Racer on this Windows 7 laptop that the Age of Speed won't work on and it did good. So really can't be arrow keys. Someone here might know. Does anyone here know about how I would fix it?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Pet Homepages Yackadoodler
2300 posting award Pets Homepges board
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-03-2010 - 6:01pm

I have never heard of the game sites you mentioned but I have heard of Avalanche game....I played that on Yahoo or maybe MSN.....

Have you tried playing in XPMode? I don't have Windows 7 so I can't try it myself...

And then there are some games I suppose that just won't play..

From what I have read that most games that work on XP and Vista will work on 7.

I did find out that if some of the games are from like 1998 they probably will not work properly on 7.

Maybe someone else is having good luck with them and will let us know....

Sorry

2010 Irish CL
Trying to stay warm.

Have a nice day !.
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-03-2010 - 9:58pm

That is cool you played