Attachments & email

iVillage Member
Attachments & email
Thu, 03-04-2010 - 6:45am

Hello everyone,

I can not attach photo(s), taken from my Sony camera, to an email.  I can use Picnic, and upload photos taken from this camera onto Facebook with no problem.   My daughter, on the other hand, has no problem attaching photos taken from her Kodak.

Does anyone have any ideas why photos from my Sony camera will not attach to emails, when photos from my daughter's Kodak will? 

I forgot to mention that we have two laptops, both Vista, and we have this problem with both computers.   

Thanks in advance to all!

Edited 3/4/2010 6:47 am ET by redraspberrie
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-04-2010 - 9:01am

when you say they won't attach, what exactly do you mean? You try to attach them and what happens?

Are the pictures in JPG or JPEG format?

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-04-2010 - 10:18am

Your step is

Visit My Blog Reflections&Inspirations by Pam

"When you stop chasing the wrong things, you give the right things a chance to catch you."

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-09-2010 - 5:49am

Hello again.

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-09-2010 - 10:45am
what is the file extension of the photos? is it JPEG or JPG?
When you say they will not attach, what happens exactly?
Do you get an error? Does the attachment window not "see" the photos?? Can you give some more details?
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-09-2010 - 11:21am

Have a nice day !.
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-09-2010 - 11:57am

Something that one of the other posters commented on- I have a Kodak camera too and on my camera I can adjust the size of the photo- for example if I know I'm going to be attaching photos to an e-mail to send to someone I adjust the size - is your Sony camera taking the photos too large? if the photo is too "big" for your computer memory (or to the computer you are sending it to) it will not attach.

I manage on-line ADS for the American Fox Terrier Club website and people will send me photos- they have to send them as attachements (not embedded in the message) so that I can save them and drop them into the AD copy later - I ask people to re-size them as if the are too big they take up a lot of memory! This could be your problem- there is not enough memory to take/send the photo. The reason you can with the Kodak is your daughter may have the setting adjusted.

Kathy
Kathy