Brenda-Happy 20 Weeks!!!

iVillage Member
Brenda-Happy 20 Weeks!!!
Wed, 01-28-2009 - 12:29am

Wow Brenda!

Beach Scene

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-28-2009 - 5:47am

Thank you Terri:-) On all counts, the pregnancy, the cl, on thinking of me:-)

I have my 2nd anatomy scan on Friday so I will post new pictures of the babies and of my belly:-) I am already so uncomfortable though UGH! I know not to complain but I am already the size of a full-term pregnancy and it is only getting bigger. Thankfully I only have 17 more weeks rather than 20 though because twins don't go all the way to 40 weeks. The average spontaneous labor for twins is 35 weeks but I am hoping to make it full-term to 37 weeks.

I feel like I have an octopus inside of me because they are kicking and punching me from side to side and high to low. I love that part:-) We are so excited to get to d-day!

PhotobucketLilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Photobucket
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-28-2009 - 9:01am

Brenda, OMG pics I cant wait LOL!!!! Hee Hee if you think your big now just wait LOL!! I think you are like me (history of VERY large babies) so my prediction is 2 HEALTHY 7lbers at 38weeks!! And of course I am keeping my fingers crossed that you do not go early and that 38 weeks is the number you hit! (even 37 weeks can have some premee issues in twins) Your A BETTER THAN AVERAGE GIRL!!!!! Im so excitied all is going so well for you!!Im sure your U/S will show VERY HEALTHY baby girls!!OMG Brenda its a great event to have your twin pregnancy followed on our board!! Such a positive attitude,positive pregnancy and AWSOME mom you will be!!

They told my sister she should aim for 37 weeks but when she got there they checked her and

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-28-2009 - 10:29am

I think I want twins now too!!! It would be so nice since the rest of mine are ages 4 -- 13 that they would have a playmate and I wouldn't have to be back on this Board in a year LOL. I love you guys, no offense, but if we all got BFP in Feb at the same time that would be the greatest!! My great-grandmother had 2 sets of twin boys! So I was always afraid of twins, but at this age, I think it would actually be easier; sounds crazy?

NIKKI

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-28-2009 - 12:01pm

LOL Kim I love your exuberance!! Your prediction is music to my ears and I have a sneaking suspicion you may be right. I do have 2 10 pounders under my belt so I'm sure I could let twins grow to a good size before my body would evict them:-)

I am definitely going for a vaginal delivery unless A is breech. I have to actually re-visit my birth expectations with my doctor at my 22 week visit. If they tip my intuition that they intend to convince me to go c-section, I will start finding another office.

I do hope I avoid PTL and preemies at all costs! I know I will be miserable because I am already lol.... but I hope I stick to my knowledge and make it past the 38 week mark.

I can't wait till Friday so I can blow your mind with my new belly shots. I am just crossing the "Freak show belly" threshold any day now lol.

Photobucket
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-28-2009 - 12:03pm
Thanks Nikki and I know exactly what you mean about not having an "only child" last baby. My dh actually planned from many years ago that we would have one at 42 and one at 44. This twin thing kind of nipped that in the bud but crazy me, I think I would be open to one more if all ends well with this pregnancy:-)

Photobucket
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-28-2009 - 2:42pm
Hi Brenda. I have a neighbour who gave birth three years ago to twin boys: one was 10lbs and one was 8lbs. 18 pounds of baby!! Yikes. And the woman who had Octuplets today weighed a grand total of 20lbs. These poor women. I can't wait to see an updated pic of you!

Krista

PhotobucketLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-28-2009 - 4:57pm
Oh I can only imagine how uncomfortable this is going to get. It's worth it though and I am grateful.

Photobucket
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-29-2009 - 9:24pm

I can't believe how time passes so quickly for the non-pregnant! LOL

Leeann   

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-30-2009 - 2:13pm
Thank you Leeann:-) I can't wait for the home stretch!

Photobucket
Photobucket