BFP

iVillage Member
BFP
Wed, 09-23-2009 - 1:37pm

I wanted to let you all know I got a bfp...it's crazy how it happened. I was spotting, assuming my af was on it's way...figured I had a cyst again...which causes lots of spotting.

I had a mammogram scheduled and last minute decided to do a pregnancy test just be sure, since you can't have a mammogram when you're pregnant...so I went out late that night got three tests, came home and did the first test....

I thought my af had started with the spotting so in no way was I expecting the test to be positive...I was so shocked...did two more tests and all came up positive. Then searched on line for reasons for a false positive, since I was convinced my af was starting and I wasn't pregnant...but by the time I went to bed that night concluded the bfp was right. SHOCKED.

I cancelled my mammogram and had an already scheduled dr appointment the next day...we were going to discuss infertility, etc. In May I was diagnosed with pre-diabetes, so I was just given the green light to start ttc again. The diabetes was a shock too since I'm a former professional athlete and have always been a healthy eater...I also had a problem with cysts this past year, one rupturing, and a chemical pregnancy last October....so this BFP was a shock!!

I had my u/s yesterday and so far everything looks perfect. I'm 8 weeks and my due date is May 3rd. Of course I'm very nervous and just taking it day by day...I know anything can happen this early.

I dealt with the tragic loss of my sister in my 20's...and ever since that experience I take nothing in life for granted...have a hard time believing tragedy won't strike again....so I'm being very cautious at this point. I have a 2 1/2 year old dd and had her at almost 40. I'm now 42.

I've wanted to post for a few weeks now....just wanted to wait for the u/s yesterday. Will keep you all posted.

I also hold all of you in my heart....and really want bfp's for all of you...and am so sad when I read all your heartbreaking stories, kind of made me hesitant to even post this...since I know so many of you are dealing with such awful situations right now. But I saw that other bfp post and thought maybe now I should share this news with you...that it may help some of you.

You're all in my thoughts and prayers. Want this for each of you so much.
Catherine xx

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: cath07
Wed, 09-23-2009 - 1:56pm

Congrats Catherine!!

• DH and I married in 10/2004
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-23-2009 - 2:25pm
OMG wonderful news Im glad you decided to SHARE it with us!! Now you can post down here with me in the momies to be section WOOHOO H&H8months to go!! Wow it always happens when we least expect it!!! CONGRATULAIONS!!!!! YEAH for the 40+BFPs!! we are on a roll now!!!!!!!!!
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-23-2009 - 3:06pm
Congratulations Catherine!

Susan V

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-23-2009 - 3:27pm

Catherine,

Congrats on the BFP.

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-23-2009 - 5:49pm
WOOOO HOOOO Congratulations Catherine:).... BFP's on this board always bring me hope. I am so happy for you, and what a way to find out!!

Photobucket

BFING BLINKIE
Photobucket

src="http://scripts.cgispy.com/image.cgi?u=kalibratx4"><

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-23-2009 - 10:15pm

Congratulations!!!

So what do you think was the "trick" to get you your BFP?

May I ask how old you are?

sue in nh

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-24-2009 - 2:36am
Yay! I am so glad you decided to share with us, that is wonderful! I was just thinking that we needed another bfp post on the board to keep us all going! I can't believe you waited until 8 weeks to tell us all, but I do understand that. I am just so thrilled for you and hope you have a GREAT pregnancy!

Michelle

Loving Mom to three

Michelle

Loving Mom to three rambunctious 

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-24-2009 - 7:53am

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jessica

Me - 44, DH-47     

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-24-2009 - 10:12am
Congratulations, Catherine. Wishing you a HHNM (well, really 8 months now) :-)
Photobucket

Photobucket 

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-24-2009 - 11:05am

Thank you for all your wishes. You are actually the first to know!! We haven't told anyone yet. I know that sounds crazy, but we were the same way with my dd.

I'm just so afraid once I start talking about it something will happen...was in shock with dd and in shock again this time too. Even after the u/s it still doesn't seem real.

My sister's sudden death, she was only 20, changed how I look at life...I know how in an instant everything can change...her death still haunts me...I manage the feelings better now, but still have this fear it's possible for tragedy to strike again...I'm so cautious with things like this...things I have no control over. I know how precious life is and to never take anything good that is happening for granted.

I will definitely keep you all posted and hope hearing my story gives you hope. I'm fortunate to have a wonderful doctor who was the one encouraging me to have another child. She has told me lots of stories of her patients 44, 46, 47 going on to have healthy babies.....she doesn't believe it's too old. Said we need more good people in this world and if you're a good mother you should have children....we all need to hear more stories like that!

We conceived the month we were given the green light to start trying again, after the diabetes diagnosis in April. Never did I think it would happen that month...we used the clear blue easy ovulation kit...for those that were wondering what we did differently. But to be honest I was coming to terms with not having another child...taking the time to take better care of myself, eat well and exercise....so I guess I was trying to let go of the stress ttc was causing me...maybe that helped?

I turned 42 over the summer.

Thank you for your kind words....you are all so sweet and kind.....wish you each your own bfp soon....I want that so much for each of you...will keep you in my thoughts and prayers....and I mean that...I pray for you each night....I want this for each of you too...xxxx

Catherine xx

Pages