37 Week Update

iVillage Member
37 Week Update
Fri, 10-16-2009 - 11:56pm

Just had my 37 week check up yesterday. Saturday the 17th is official 37 weeks. The Dr. said the baby was head down but resting on his side and still kind of high up. Well, maybe the baby (Alex) heard that and started to move because today I have strong pressure bearing down on the pelvic area that I have not ever had before.

I told the Dr. that I want to try for vaginal although he seems to be preparing me for the possibility of a C-section. Not sure if it's what he wants to do or what he thinks may happen? I know he is a good surgeon so maybe he leans towards that way. He had wanted me to do a voluntary C section but I said no.

I am getting kind of nervous about the whole delivery thing and taking care of baby but excited at the same time. Unlike Kim who is very active and gained little weight, I quit exercising a month or more ago and really am not very active. I have gained a lot of weight. Blood pressure was high a couple times but went down during monitoring in the hospital. I think it was due to my stepdaughters stressing me out with their poor behavior. If they are at their mom's, my blood pressure is fine.

Anyway, my back is hurting so enough for now. Reading the above, it sounds like I am a real complainer, right?!! Sorry! Just feeling uncomfortable and ready to drop some of this weight! My stomach is so "packed" with baby that it's hard to move!

Lisa

Me, Lisa, 41 1/2, DH, Howard, 51

TTC #1 (for me, also have 2 DSD, ages 7 and 12) since 8/8/08 (wedding day)

Pg (Confirmed by Dr. on 3/11/2009)

Due date 11/7/2009 with a boy (Alex)

Me, Lisa (42); DH, Howard (52); DSD, Laura (13); DSD, Juliana (7); DS, Alexander (6 months) Enjoying my #1 (born 11-2-2009 when I was 42) BFP #2 4-15-10 MC 4-21-10
iVillage Member
Sat, 10-17-2009 - 2:16am

Wow, you are already 37 weeks?! Yikes! You are so close! Glad things are going well, hope that bp behaves itself right to the end. I hope your delivery goes well, and no need for a c-section. Some doctors are way too quick to go for a c-section, so don't let them rush you if you feel it isn't really needed. By the way, if you end up with back labour, the baby is most likely face up. If you labour on your hands and knees for awhile the baby should turn without too much trouble. I had that happen with my last baby, and if I had not had a fantastic nurse who knew her stuff (had been a midwife) I probably would have ended up with an unnecessary c-section, yet aside from her being stuck for awhile she was my easiest delivery!

Don't worry, I am sure it will all go fine, you will be a great mom! It is normal to be overwhelmed, even if it isn't your first time. Just remember your beautiful prize on the other side and you will be just fine. (((Hugs)))

Michelle

Loving Mom to three

Michelle

Loving Mom to three rambunctious 

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-19-2009 - 9:20am

god work, Mommy. KUP and remember, we will want all the details of your birth story and pics of baby boy. Don't be pressured into a c-section when it sounds like your age is the only reason it is being mentioned. Your body will, in all likelihood, perform as expected. Wishing you a safe and happy (and painless) delivery.

Photobucket 

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-19-2009 - 11:00am

Glad to hear that everything is going well and only a few more weeks to go!