Trying to keep hope after 7 years

iVillage Member
Trying to keep hope after 7 years
Thu, 05-01-2003 - 8:56am
Hello all! I'm new to this and glad I was informed of this site by my cousin....lucky her after only 1 month of trying she's pregnant....and truthfully I am happy for her. My husband and I have been TTC for 7 yrs! Been thru several IUI's, IVF's, Chlomid, BBT & Charting and high doses of fert. meds....and as far as we get is the embryo transfer....then.....WHAMO! My preg. test comes back negative and I get my period. We took a break from it all for over a year and enrolled with a new fertility center....this one had me start progesterone the day before my transfer....but I could tell my period was already getting ready to start......it happens every month.....I think the progesterone was started too late.....had my latest transfer on 4/15 with a negative test result on 4/26....and WHAMO....again. I have plenty of progesteron left and after hours of research I found out how progesterone AFTER ovulation does help maintain pregnancy....so I have my "O" kit.....and we've decided to try on our own this month only using the proesterone once I've shown I've "O".....we'll see what happens. This site is GREAT! If there's anyone else out there who's been thru it all I would love to hear from you......THANKS TO ALL......and BEST OF LUCK!!!! I HOPE & PRAY THAT OUR PRAYERS ARE ONE DAY ANSWERED. Kathy S.
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-01-2003 - 9:19am
Think we can all identify with "WHAMO" and how rotten that feels! Wish you lots of luck!

- Ann

PS: Not trying to poach but if you are looking for them bunches of the women that were posting here are now posting at http:// www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/246423.

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-03-2003 - 12:33pm
Hi Kahty, I have been thru alot as well,45 tubal reversal 6yr ago.. We done alot of fertility , clomide artaficial insemanation oops! Shots ,but we do have a 3yr old dd would like to squeeze in one more..Kaiser as given me the boot,only because of age ..At 44 you are out!! I also have 3 growen children,boys 21 ,23, a dd 25, So I have been blessed.. My husaband only has our daughter,No other children in his family...luv to chat.. Sandy