Had my first acupuncture session!

iVillage Member
Had my first acupuncture session!
Fri, 05-07-2010 - 10:36am

Well, I had my first acupuncture session last night! He said I am starting at a good time in my cycle too (just ending my period, beginning new cycle). I will go every week. And he said to stop thinking about age--"so you're 41? So what? You will get pregnant. You are just a couple months off the pill, and your body is still regulating. In Western Medicine, they cite infertility as having tried to get pregnant one year. In Chinese Medicine, it is two years. Keep thinking positive thoughts, and send love and positive energy to your uterus."

He also treated my stress, clenched jaw (when I sleep) and tense and sore upper back and shoulders.

He told me to focus on breathing deeply into the lower stomach, not the chest when I breathe in. And when on the computer, keep breathing. Focus on breathing as much as possible as that will keep you in the moment and relaxed.

He also gave me some chinese herb capsules called "Free and Easy Wanderer Plus" or in Chinese called "Jia Wei Xiao Yao Wan." I take 12 in the morning, and 12 at night (they are little), on an empty stomach.
Here is a link to the actual product: http://www.heavenearthchineseherbs.com/free-and-easy-wanderer-plus-teapills-p-33.html

He told me to remember there are various causes of infertility in Chinese Medicine--one is jealousy. For example, being jealous of other people being pregnant. He said "Feel nothing but joy for them."

And to only eat foods that were grown or alive once--in other words no processed foods. He told me to especially avoid any foods that have the ingredients "natural flavor" because that is a good indication that it is not natural, and also has lost its natural vitality or chi.

As for sex: do not have sex when sick, or when intoxicated. Avoid alcohol in general. Do enjoy sex and not be worried. Just enjoy the process and trust it will happen.

I am excited about this process this month. :) New approach. :)

Edited 5/7/2010 10:38 am ET by loves_me

-Dianne, 41 yo
DH 37

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-07-2010 - 1:38pm
Great news and good for you!!!

Susan V

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-08-2010 - 12:02am

Congratulations on finding a new approach that speaks to you!

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-10-2010 - 8:02pm

Glad to hear your appt went well. I have my first appt myself this coming Wed and am looking forward to it. Am looking forward to seeing how your continued treatments go and hoping for a BFP for you soon!

Baby dust -

Ann

wedding countdown

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-11-2010 - 10:36am

Thanks ladies!
I have to say, I think the pills he gave me are contributing to a feeling of calm and relaxation. I have much less anxiety even in just this one week. I feel generally happy and calm.

I am also trying to keep my mind focused only on the positive.

The ont thing I have been worrying about is how everyone says that being too focused mentally and too concerned with making a baby can inhibit ovulation. So I try to just believe that I am healthy, worthy of being PG, strong and ready.

I sometimes rub my belly and just send positive energy to that area.

I am curious to hear your experiences with acupuncture when you go!
xo

My next appt. is Friday after work. :)

-Dianne, 41 yo
DH 37