M/C so sad

iVillage Member
M/C so sad
Sun, 06-20-2010 - 7:27pm

M/C again 6/19
I had first mc at 7 weeks and never had my progesterone checked. So when i got pregnant again i asked the doc to prescribe progesterone. She said no if the pregnancy was going to end it will end no matter what. At 16dpo beta = 456 progesterone 15.2 18dpo beta 1059 at 24dpo 8899
First ultrasound my doc saw everything but no fetal pole. She said y dates might be off. She told me to come back in a week. In a week 6weeks 3 days she saw a small hb. 6 days later i had small cramps to be on the safe side i went to the ER and found out i mc at 6weeks 4 days. A day after my ultrasound. I went back to my doc and she confirmed the mc. i asked her to check my progesterone level she said that will not tell her anything i said i just to know for myself. 7 days after my mc my progesterone was 10.1

This doctor is a fertility doc. I had a started going to her because i had a miscarriage before and then i got pregnant on my own before we did anything. I was thing about doing IVF.
Do you think progesterone is the culprit??
I am so sad. Talking to DH about IVF next.
With me i can get pregnant but not stay pregnant in the problem.

Keep me in your prayers

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: easter2004
Mon, 06-21-2010 - 8:56pm

Although I don't know you, just wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss and I will keep you in my prayers.

Hugs,
wannabmommy07

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-23-2010 - 12:55pm

First of all i want to thank you all for your support! I'm so glad that this website exists, it is wonderful! I like to get input from different people. I wanted progesterone that i know in the future we can rule that out issue. Friday my doc called wanted me to go for a followup mon or Tues. Got to the office and she was not in the office so i saw a different doc. I asked for antibiotic in case i get infection if some thing is left he said no. Got home and in about 2 hrs my temp was 102. Went to urgent care. The doc said because my immune system was compromised i have a cold viral infection. She prescribed me some antibiotics.

I feel much better today my temp went down. I will sure be looking for another doctor.I am so thankful that i can at least get pregnant. I need a doc who will help me stay pregnant. True it might be genetic problems.

Oh another thing i had ask my doc if i had natural mc can i bring the tissue for testing she said i had to do d&c. So when i had mc i saved the tissues for testing. When i went for followup i gave it to the staff and they will send it to the lab. I will receive the result in 2 weeks.

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-23-2010 - 1:09pm
Another thing i asked my doc i saw in my u/s i had some fluid i asked my doc about it she said not to worry many women have fluid when pregnant.
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-24-2010 - 3:17pm

I am so happy that you will be looking for another doctor and am stunned by the seemingly total lack of concern your current doc has for you and your concerns.

Pages