REPOST: April excersise/He Gave me...

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-15-2000 - 8:27pm

He Gave Me...

The platform shook as the steel bullet whisked by creating a warm gust that engulfed my being. I found my way through the human sea and grasped a steel pole that seemed to hold the entire structure together. Hot sighs and sucking teeth filled the air with a chorus of annoyance as the stop and go motion of the metal box ended with a sudden jolt. The ones who were sitting were apathetic as they read their Bibles and praised the Lord as the frail ones who stood showed the desire for comfort in their eyes. The ragged motion commenced and we were soon led into a reprieve where bodies collided and passed each other without notice. The frail ones were pushed into the background as virility showed its force. Lady luck was on my side as I snagged a seat. I looked up and saw a lady who was round in the belly standing but a few feet from me. I looked down at my bag where a picture of my two cherubs hung from the zipper and recalled my days of the heavy belly. I reached over, tapped her arm and led her to my seat. She smiled and gladly excepted my offer and a sigh of relief floated from her lips. She was sandwiched between to hearty men that feigned sleep. I smiled down at her and realized we were the lucky ones. She because she carried the future and I because I recognized it. God made me a healthy, strong woman. He gave me two working legs, two working arms, splendid vision and perfect hearing. He also gave me one thing that many of those people that slept and buried their head in the word did not have. He gave me compassion.