Welcome Everyone!!

iVillage Member
Welcome Everyone!!
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 2:17pm
Our new boards are here and ready to use! It will take a little getting used to, but IMHO, once everyone has had a chance to post a few times, they'll really like this new format. We'll do everything we can to help answer any questions!

So, how about we start off this first board with a 'roll call'...if you wish, also include why you post at this board???

Me - because I love to learn. The only way one grows old is to close their heart and mind and stop learning. I may not always agree with everyone here, but I do quite often learn from them! :-)

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 7:52am
I second that ~~Welcome~~.

I'm a news hound with 2 cents of opinion on most subjects so the "In the News" board is right up my street. I'm interested in a variety of subjects....... domestic & overseas.

Photobucket&nbs

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 8:19am
Interesting new board! Hope I can figure it out! LOL!

I enjoy "In the News" because I read just about everything I can get my hands on, and like to hear people's opinions. I'm a stay at home mom, so it's nice to hear opinions, other than my 2 yr old son's! Everyone around me knows I ask way too many questions, but I always learn something from at least one of the posters on the board! LOL! I have added many news sources to my favorites list due to your "infulence"! Thanks all!

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 10:24am
ok, bear with me as I get used to these boards :) I'm Jill, 26, army infantry wife for 6½ years to Paul, 27, who is currently deployed in support of the war in Iraq. I am a stay at home mom to our 6 year old twin daughters and 2½ year old son. I'm also going to school and volunteer all over the place. We are currently stationed at Fort Bragg, NC, which is our 4th duty station together although Long Island, NY will always be "home". Thats probably much more than anyone wanted to know. lol.

Jill

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 10:27am
oops, I almost forgot. I enjoy the "In the News" board because its a good way for me to keep on top of current events, as well as express my opinion and hear others thoughts. It also is a way for me to have some adult conversation ;)

Jill

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 11:57am
No, not too much information. While we may disagree on a few things I enjoy reading everyone's opinions,even those I disagree with.

My thoughts are with you and your husband at this time.

alfreda

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 12:09pm
Hi everyone, foe and friend! I am british born and raised, lived in the usa 25 years and became an american citizen many many years ago. I have lived in several states,cities, burbs, villages and towns in England and then the United states. I have raised two children (a son in the marines and a daughter now in college), have had many jobs paid and volunteer over the years (too numerous to mention). My husband and I just celebrated 25 years of marriage and we are as happy as ever. have a yorkishire terrior I adore. I became a professional artist 8 years ago and have work in juried shows as well as a local gallery.

I love coming here to explore issues and ideas that are contrary to my own. I am not always set on a view and use boards like this to process what it is I believe or don't believe and why. I also like quite a few posters here, even those I disagree with, especially those posters who are genuine in what they believe and can articulate it without resorting petty personal insults.

oh well, probably too much infor from me too.

all the best

alfreda

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 1:00pm
Excellent Roll Call Question!

I'm Bridgette from N. Virginia. I check in with this board because I like to hear a wide variety of differing opinions about what's going on in our world, and to occasionally start a discussion on topics that are of particular interest to me. That's why, when I do post an original thread, it's not only to spread the word about a new piece of news that's out there, but to also solicit everyone's feedback on it. Sometimes I just want to see where others' opinions align with my own, and to find opinions that are different from mine so that I can see things from a new perspective. And I like doing this in a message board format rather than in person because this way I can consider other people's thoughts without prejudging them based on the way they look or the way they're dressed or their ethinic origin or their age or race, etc.

--Bridgette
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 2:35pm
Hi everyone. Well I post on this board because it is important to get information on all points of view. My family covers the relm of political views from far right to far left. You should be at our dinner table discussions. This fact is one of the reasons I've learned to understand and respect different views even if I stongly disagee with them. Who am I? Many things, a credit union VP, a mother, a foster mother, a grandmother, a wive, a daughter, an avid reader, news hound ect ect. My dh and I also have a dog and two resuced cats. I have been married for 33 years and am 53 years years old. I love to debate as long as the topic is what is debated. I guess that's all for now.
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 6:34pm
Ok, I thought I responded to this, but I don't see it. So if I respond twice, forgive me. lol. This new board thing is still a bit confusing. Anyway.....

Thanks for your thoughts. I really enjoy coming to this board for the same reasons. I post on a few military boards, but for the most part, we all agree on most issues. This board gets a little spicy :) I like being able to read differing opinions, share my thougts and even learn a thing or two!

Jill

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 9:09pm
There still seem to be a lot of posts that do not have a "reply" button, I don't see how one replies to them. And I am using Browser Internet Explorer 5.5 with all the current updates, and security settings set to "medium." Also a lot of the time "outline view" only brings up archived posts, although it doesn't seem to be doing this today.

:-(

Pages