These new boards are . . . (m)

iVillage Member
These new boards are . . . (m)
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 12:16pm
extremely poorly formatted. What a dumb choice for boards. These will only add more confusion to the lives of those whose very daily existence depends on message board posting. But considering that they're already in a state of oblivion, I'm sure it won't make much difference.

Collectively, these boards illustrate perfectly why the human race is deteriorating at a fast pace, due to a gross deficiency of intelligence and a complete unwillingness and inability to diplomatically resolve any issues.

You bicker, you insult on a regular basis, you are sheeple that will follow a leader into oblivion, you are uninformed and generally clueless as to the facts and real problems. Perhaps worst of all, you REALLY believe that message boards serve a purpose - you believe that your daily ramblings will make some sort of difference. Judging by the number of posts, it's apparent that many people have little else to do beyond posting on boards.

The "community leaders" are irresponsible and have failed to delete posts which have been insulting or inappropriate. You have a responsibility to control some of the posters who have CONTINUALLY insulted others, yet you have failed to do so. Some posters have actually insulted by making comments for instance, about a person's eyesight, and other things that go far beyond heated debate. I will not be a part of any forum where posters are allowed to demean others based on such personal things.

You should be ashamed of yourselves.

And to those who stay - good luck in your verbal wrestling matches. It's kind of pathetic.

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 12:31pm
well, toodle pip then, hope you find another venue for your grave articulations of humanity and all the complexities of life.
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 12:42pm
Damn, Ivillage message forums represenative of humanity. Who knew?

This isn't the first time they've changed (this is the 3rd I've seen) and probably not the last.

It's a bit obtuse, but considering the volume of messages ivillage has on its forums, this system will be much better than the old way of archiving boards.

But still, it's no vbulletin :)

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 1:12pm
Don't let the door hit you in the butt on your way out!! C-YA!
--Bridgette
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 1:19pm
Well...that was a real downer! LOL!

I guess he/she took the boards more seriously than I do!

I 'should be ashamed of myself!' LOL
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 3:34pm
I'm sorry you feel that way. We, cl-libraone and I, try hard to make sure that the TOS are followed. And yes, these new boards do take a little getting used to, but, for the most part, they are quite easy to use. You can use the 'folder' format, or you can click on the 'outline view' and have a format similar to the previous boards.

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 11:08pm
You have just proven to me the existance of the supreme being that you deny exists.
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 6:51am
Then all opinions are welcome here, even if one doesn't agree. Someone's karma ran over another's dogma.

Photobucket&nbs

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 10:21am
PS, you forgot to mention you are incapable of deleteing posts. And alos, it is the job of all of us to *report* inappropriate posts and that is how they get deleted. While you have a role in keeping your eyes open, you can't be in charge of monitoring each and every post.
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 12:38pm
Thank you for posting that. I was a little peeved and so my response was rather short and incomplete - I had to sit on my fingers until they turned blue! LOL! ;-)