Where's Hillary's Book?....

iVillage Member
Where's Hillary's Book?....
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 3:55pm
I'm just waiting to read it!

--------------------

Executives at publishing powerhouse SIMON AND SCHUSTER are dismayed over Hillary Clinton's failure to turn in a completed manuscript for her book, due out in August, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

The senator of the Empire State has already received a $2.85 million cash advance on her memoirs, from a total deal valued at more than $8 million.

"We must be off to the printer next month, but the manuscript isn't in yet!" said one SIMON AND SCHUSTER source last week. "Advance sales are lagging. And there is no title. Without a title it's been difficult to market."

One top source says the situation has not reached a legal concern, rather it is being described as an "annoyance."

The former first lady signed the deal before the 9/11 terror attacks.

One Clinton intimate explains: "In all fairness, she has been preoccupied with serving New York during these challenging times... the writing is wonderful, touching, and will lift Hillary to a new level of respect."

Developing...

http://www.drudgereport.com/hbook.htm

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 4:58pm
So am I...and I would think her publisher would understand that, right at the moment, she has other priorities and commitments to the people who elected her. Sounds like she's concentrating on doing the job she was elected to do...I'm sure that the book will be done when there is time. And, btw, I'm not a huge Clinton supporter or anything.

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-08-2003 - 9:57am
If she can't commit, return the money. But, getting a Democrate to return money that doesn't belong to them would be on heck of a feat!
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-08-2003 - 10:03am
--

If she can't commit, return the money. But, getting a Democrate to return money that doesn't belong to them would be on heck of a feat!

--

Wow, and I almost thought you did want to read it and weren't just engaging in Clinton bashing.

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-08-2003 - 10:28am
Who said she can't commit? Our country is at 'war', our economy sucks, etc. I think she's just proving that she has the right priorities and I would say the same thing regardless of party affiliation for any other politician in the same situation. If you're just going to bash, why bother?

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-08-2003 - 10:32am
I don't know about you, but the Clinton bashing really cracks me up, I bet if Bubba could run again, he'd win.

Ok that's a stretch. But, The White House did release a 10-some odd page document on why John Edwards is not the right man for the job, the only one of the 9 or so frontrunners they bothered to even write about. Gee, maybe they're threatened. You could write 500,000 page book on why Sharpton's wrong for the country.

So long as Edwards has kept his snake in its cage, he's going to do very very well.

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-08-2003 - 6:01pm
Have to agree about Edwards - I think he's the frontrunner at this time...although I'm still investigating the other possible candidates, just so I have a good background. Not that I'll get to vote in the primary because I'm an unaligned liberal with no party affiliations. In our state, you used to be able to request a GOP, Democrat or Unaligned/Independent ballot. The GOP & Democrat ballots had only their candidates, while the Unaligned had all the candidates. The GOP and Democrats have decided that encourages the voters from the other party to vote for the weakest candidate in theirs...thereby influencing who their real choice will run against. Personally, I laugh like crazy at that because I feel that if you can even GET people out to vote in a Primary, you're doing pretty darn good. Most wouldn't bother being that devious. And the arguement from the Unaligned voters is that we have no desire to be forced to select a ballot from one party or the other because it's no ones business who we're voting for...and you can a pretty good idea by which ballot you're forced to choose from.

And the comment about Sharpton...OMG, YES! In fact, I think I'd double that number...LOL!