Babs bush speaks.....

iVillage Member
Babs bush speaks.....
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 5:08pm
No wonder her family is so screwed up, what a pompous old bag!

..........................................................................................

The following is from an immensely interesting transcript of Barbara Bush on an ABC-TV morning show. She was asked if she and her husband, the former president, watch television.

"He sits and listens and I read books because I know perfectly well that - don't take offense - that 90 percent of what I hear on television is supposition, when we're talking about the news. And he's not, not as understanding of my pettiness about that. But why should we hear about body bags and deaths and how many, what day it's going to happen, and how many this or what do you suppose? Oh, I mean, it's, not relevant. So why should I waste my beautiful mind on something like that? And watch him suffer."

Copyright © 2003, Newsday, Inc.

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 6:49pm
"And he's not, not as understanding of my pettiness about that." Well, at least she admits she's petty! ;-) I think that the thing I will always remember about her is that she stated she was for keeping abortions legal...but she wouldn't speak out against her husband (who was then President) because it just wasn't done. Okay, she has her own views but refuses to back them because her husband doesn't agree??? Heck, that would NEVER fly in my family! ROTFLOL!