toppling of giant Saddam statute a FAKE

iVillage Member
toppling of giant Saddam statute a FAKE
Sun, 04-13-2003 - 3:21am
read for yourself. The US is LYING again, and most people are being fooled. How many LIES will Dumbya and his gang tell before people get the message that he is pond scum?

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article2842.htm

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-13-2003 - 6:53am
Thanks for posting this revealing story. Why am I NOT surprised? Could it be that so many photo-ops shown are so obviously contrived.

Personally I thought the 'photo-op' was a show of insensitive arrogence, & played that way in Arab countries. Certainly NOT the way to win friends & influence people. Madison Avenue strikes again.

Photobucket&nbs

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-13-2003 - 11:34am
And those who want to believe it was a fake will believe Garconoix's source, but why should we assume that it is "true" and the other sources are "fake."

Personally, I am not surprised that many with little evidence on their side will charge it is a fake. Yes, yes, EVERYTHING you see on TV about the war is a fake, kiddies, America is losing, 20 billion Iraqi civillians have been slaughtered, believe the "Progressive" and "David Dukes" crowd, and all the unimpeachable "islamic" sources and web sites.

As for making friends in the Muslim world, I thought Saudi, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, and all those absolute monarchies and dictatorships were our "friends?" maybe not. It is a waste of effort to seek friends in the Islamic world anyway, they can't live in peace with their "brother Muslims," let alone any "Jews or Unbelievers," in the desert NO MAN finds a friend is their motto.

As for it being "arrogance" to topple a statue of his Holiness, Saddam Hussein, let's remember the litaNY that the "peace/progressive movement is not pro-Saddam," although apparently to topple a statue of this thug, coward, and murderer is "arrogance." And if it was "arrogance," it seems some Iraqis did not consider it so, and were trying to topple the statue themselves.

Everything isn't an "American-Zionist conspiracy," you know!!!

;-(

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-13-2003 - 2:03pm
You sure are threatened by progressive thinkers, aren't you?

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-13-2003 - 2:07pm
It was indeed an act of arrogance.

Isn't America supposed to be "above" such things?

Guess not.
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-13-2003 - 2:26pm
Looks like a coup to me...a BIG PR COUP! ROFL!~
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-13-2003 - 6:24pm
Thanks for the post and link. The level of American arrogance should be but isn't

shocking.

Both my Dh & I were very disturbed by the American flag being put over the face of the statue. Our stated "mission" was to "liberate" the Iraqi people. This showed an intent to occupy.

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-13-2003 - 7:13pm
I agree...and it's kind of funny, because as I was looking at the video & photos of the 'toppling', I mentioned to my DH how the camera seemed to be one a 'tight' focus - you couldn't really tell how many people were in the square. We were also upset by the draping of the flag - I know soldiers aren't trained to be diplomats, but some common sense should prevail. We aren't SUPPOSED to be 'conquerors'....

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-13-2003 - 7:58pm
Exactly!

Photobucket&nbs

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-13-2003 - 8:30pm
Are you part of that group that thinks the landing on the moon was staged? fake?
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-14-2003 - 9:11am
Some are so gullible they believe everything they see, hear or read. The 'news' that's being given out here, USA, has first been spun, , by this admin. Many people are happier knowing just mushy, feel good, three cheers for the red, white & blue 'news'. You're not alone.

Just Tell Us The Truth. A weekly commentary by CBS News Correspondent Andy Rooney.

I've lived a long while now and I don't remember any more unpleasant times than these. I'm not even interested in reading the sports pages. I hate everything about this war except that we're winning it.

You can't even be critical, either, without sounding unpatriotic. It's why Peter Arnett got fired by NBC for speaking on Iraqi television.

I'm patriotic but I wish our government would stop treating this war as if they had to sell it to us with slick advertising slogans.

The White House Web site puts out a bulletin about the war with this headline: OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM.

Come on, all we want is the news, not a sales pitch.

They called our bombing campaign against Baghdad "Shock and Awe."

After the UN refused to approve the war, our government put together a list of countries it said supported us. They called it a "coalition of the willing."

The generals don't talk about American soldiers. It's always "coalition forces."

It's as if there were no Americans there.

Reporters have been sucked into it, too.

The word makes it sound as though we're just a few countries short of having the whole world on our side, and that isn't true. Most of the world is against us. The Administration says 49 countries are part of the coalition. I see that Eritrea, Uganda and Iceland are on our side.

The fact is, though, we're in this thing with the British, who have 45,000 soldiers there, and the Australians, who have 2,000. That's it. The other 46 wish us well or let us fly bombers over their country. Big deal.

We've practically bribed some of them. We offered Turkey $15 billion to let our troops go through there but they refused. President Bush won't be sending the president of Turkey anything for his birthday this year.

There aren't any good wars, but this one is especially bad. We want to win it quickly without more death but we're grown-up people, too. The President, Rumsfeld and the generals ought to stop treating us like children. Tell us the truth. We can take it even when it's bad.

And the only real good news will be when this terrible time in American history is over.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/04/04/60minutes/rooney/printable547773.shtml

Photobucket&nbs

Pages