Iraqi scientist 'has nothing to hide'.

iVillage Member
Iraqi scientist 'has nothing to hide'.
Sun, 04-13-2003 - 10:19am
Where are the WMD? Syria? Aren't any? Hidden in Iraq?

What do you think?

See link for story........

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/2943803.stm

>"He used to head Iraq's chemical weapons programme before, as the former regime in Baghdad asserted, it was abandoned.

But General al-Saadi was singled out by the US Secretary of State Colin Powell as a man whose job it was to mislead the UN weapons inspectors.

"Saadi's job is not to co-operate, it is to deceive; not to disarm, but to undermine the inspectors; not to support them, but to frustrate them and to make sure they learn nothing," Mr Powell told the Security Council.

He said Mr al-Saadi was orchestrating "the old game of cat and mouse" with the inspectors.

As the momentum to war quickened up, the main task for Mr al-Saadi, with his fluent English, became presenting Iraq's case to the world.

"The fiction goes on. It goes on and on," he said about the claims that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction

He maintained it was "heartening" for the Iraqi people to see most of the world's reaction against the evidence, and accused the US and the UK of agitating for war."<

Prelim nerve warhead test negative.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/04/13/sprj.irq.kirkuk.warhead/index.html

Photobucket&nbs

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-13-2003 - 1:04pm
I'm not saying I totally believe in this theory...but we were concerned that any WOMD would be sold to terrorist groups, yes? I mean at first, we weren't concerned with Iraq pointing missles at the U.S...we were concerned with Iraq selling them to Al Qaeda.

So maybe they've already been sold...

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-13-2003 - 7:20pm
I think that there may the the 'ingredients' for a few smaller WMD, but I honestly have seen no evidence that there are the quantities or varieties of them that the U.S. maintained that they had evidence of prior to the invasion. I'm sure that they will 'find' something eventually, but, to my mind, if they had them, why didn't they use them?

As for Syria - I wouldn't put it past the current administration to 'liberate' them next! I'm just waiting for them to claim the the WMD have been moved there, that they have 'evidence' and that they don't care what the U.N. says, they are going in and 'saving the Syrian people'. However, I will say I don't agree with the Syrians sending aid to Hussein during this 'war' (who are we kidding? What kind of 'war' could it ever be? Iraq never had a chance and everyone knew it.).

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-15-2003 - 9:01am
Syria appears to be high on the 'liberating' list.

If Iraq had WMD why weren't they used?

Photobucket&nbs