Unemployment is going up.

iVillage Member
Unemployment is going up.
Thu, 04-24-2003 - 2:50pm
Bush says the economy is starting to do better, but the figures do not show it. Unemployment is very high and going up. Teachers are doing the janitors work as well as their own, state agencies are laying thousands off. Fire departments are closing and police are being laid off. The tax cuts are not helping because people don't have jobs. We need taxes to run the government. Businesses are laying off workers and making the remaining workers work harder. It is a very dismal picture.

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-24-2003 - 2:52pm
What we need, is the Iraqi information Minister to keep the country informed of the current economic conditions.
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-24-2003 - 5:22pm
Good idea. We are already getting misinformation from the Shrub and his gang about the economy. Does this man know how to tell the truth! Not!
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-24-2003 - 9:09pm
Read MY lips,,,, NO!
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-25-2003 - 12:38am
I don't think DUMBya Bush will be re-elected, but if he is, I will have to downgrade my opionion of the average American voter. The man deserves to lose, far more than his father did.

I hear that the immoral sleazeball is going to use 9/11 and the emotions surrounding it, to try to be re-elected. What a piece of feces - he is going to use the very terror attack that happened because of his own negligence to make himself look good, has he no shame? And more importantly, are enough Americans criminally clueless enough to buy his transparent hypocrisy and immorality?

btw the Canadian economy has been doing well for years, and even with the SARS crisis in Toronto it is expected to grow next year. So it appears that even with the stimulus of massive, criminally short-sighted tax cuts Dumbya is so mismanaging the economy of the US that it will do worse than it's northern neighbour.

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-25-2003 - 12:58am
- he is going to use the very terror attack that happened because of his own negligence to make himself look good, has he no shame?

Are you kidding me? How did Bush cause 9/11? What did he do in 8 months to cause that to happen. The planning of 9/11 took at least a few years to come together so you can't blame a president that was in office for less than a year.

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-25-2003 - 2:06pm
Speak for yourself, I'm working and got a raise. And if the DEMS would get a clue we could get a tax break as well. The DEMS spend too much money on failed programs and don't account for any of it. If the picture looks dismal to you then perhaps you should see the glass as half-FULL.

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-25-2003 - 2:08pm
I think you are confused. Bush's FATHER raised taxes. GWB wants to CUT them....Nevermind.
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-25-2003 - 2:50pm
So explain to us then: How a tax cut, adding to an already spiraling out of control spending is going to boost employment and the economy. Are you just reciting the Bush taxcut mantra, or do you have a serious economic hypothesis on how his cut will do it.

You can't place this on The Left, the right controls the house/senate/white house. When Bush can't even rally his own troops behind his cut, alarm bells are ringing.

Until we see things like controled spending and a balanced budget, all you're singing is the same old supply-side song and dance that resembles a never-ending song of 999 bottles of beer on the wall than it does real economic stimulis.

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-25-2003 - 3:11pm
If I sat here and explained Bush's tax cut plan I would have to charge you tuition. Bush has been explaining his plan for some time so I suggest opening up your eyes and ears. Or are you of the I HATE BUSH clique that won't listen or believe anything he says?

As for spiraling, out-of-control spending, may I point out the two states in this country that top the list in going broke: California and New York. And what party dominates these two states? You would think that these two states, considering their populations, would have enough taxes to be riding in the green but they can't help but SPEND.

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-25-2003 - 3:18pm
You're blowing smoke and it's not working. And no, full thesis on his tax cut isn't neccessary, just explain in broad terms how this supply-side song and dance will benefit the average american, surely someone with such knowledge and passion on it can sum it up in less than 100 words.

But if you're going to confuse state's budgets, with the out of control deficits faced by the FEDERAL government, I don't expect you to post much.

I'm not spewing Anti-Bush anything, but you're simply reciting the Bush Mantra you've seen on Television and cannot offer any real insight on the issue.

Pages