Laci Peterson.....

iVillage Member
Laci Peterson.....
Fri, 04-25-2003 - 8:54am
We haven't heard much about the Peterson case - or maybe just missed it?

Have they determined a cause of death yet?

Were her missing parts due to her death or perhaps sharks in that region?

Also, how could the baby be separate from her?

Is it possible it was born prior to all of this?

or perhaps did the body "expell" it after so long in the water?

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-25-2003 - 9:25am
I haven't heard anything either. But about the baby- I heard something about a dead pregnant body produces some sort of gases and this is what causes the baby to be seperated from the mother. I also recall the term coffin birth.
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-25-2003 - 10:25am
As far as I've heard, they haven't released that kind of info yet. Could be due to their case against her husband. However, I did hear that they are going for the death penalty.

And Welcome to the board!

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-25-2003 - 10:29am
Actually, since the arrest of Scott Peterson the Laci Peterson case has been all over the place - TV, newspapers, magazines, radio, Internet - especially over the past weekend and earlier this week. Just last night there was a special PrimeTime about it.

There are things which the authorities don't want to reveal so as not to damage the case. The public isn't entitled to know every little detail and respect to the family must be taken into consideration. Personally, I think we heard enough about the gruesome bodies that were found. However, I didn't hear anything about "sharks". The opinion is that her body parts were separates because weights were attached to her and due to the force of the water and amount of time in the water. But, no, I haven't heard any official announcement about how her body parts were separated.

AS far as the baby, there was an interview with an expert and quite a bit published about coffin birth. The theory is that when a pregnant woman is submerged in water without being embaled gases build up and the child is expelled.

A lot of people have pointed out that there have been many murders of people, pregnant woman and others, and many missing persons/children cases which don't get front page news like this case.

Anyway, I'm sure if you do a search for Laci Peterson or Scott Peterson on the Internet of go to the library of one of the Laci Peterson Internet chat rooms you can find out whatever you want to know, unless it's information that is not known yet or unless it's something law enforcement does think the public needs to know. I'm sure things will heat up when the trial starts but that won't be for awhile. Meanwhile unless there's something to report there most likely won't be daily updates.

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-25-2003 - 12:55pm
I notice everytime they have one of these cases that the press jumps all over (sadly there's never any mention of the other missing, or murdered people) they bring out these so called experts to comment on the case. I don't know if anyone is familiar with the names Nancy Grace (former prosecuter) Marc Klass ( his child was kidnapped and murdered) and Cliff Van Zandt (former FBI profiler) but these three always seem to surface whenever there's a murder. All three immediately say that the prime suspect is guilty and should get the death penalty. They all swore that Gary Condit was guilty, they were convinced that Ricci kidnapped Elizabeth Smart and now they have jumped on the Scott Peterson bandwagon.

Grace is one of the most annoying people I have ever seen on TV, I wonder haw many innocent people she railroaded into prison. While I sympathize with Klass for his loss it's time for him to just go away, he inserts himself into every high profile case even though he doesn't have any real expertise. Van Zandt is the guy who was the lead negotiator at WACO, so you can see what a failure he has been. He has constantly been wrong, he also was way off in his profile of the Sniper Case. These people don't add any informatin they just spout their bias against a person without ever thinking they may be wrong. Whatever happened to "Innocent Until Proven Guilty"?

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-26-2003 - 8:49am
>"Authorities declined to comment on reports that Laci's body was headless (ruling out identification by dental records) and missing limbs (no fingerprints), but the California department of justice DNA lab says it did not receive any tooth samples. Ronald Singer, president-elect of the American Academy of Forensic Sciences, says the lack of a head would not automatically mean it was removed by a killer. "Through the natural decomposition process, the head can become severed from the body," he says. "Or she may have been tethered in some way around the neck, with cement blocks or chains, to keep her underwater." It is also unclear how Conner's body became separated from Laci's, but one possibility is "coffin birth," the expulsion of the fetus during the decomposition of the mother."<

See link for article.....

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1101030428-444986,00.html

Photobucket&nbs