Fergie sells 'access' to Prince Andrew

iVillage Member
Fergie sells 'access' to Prince Andrew
Mon, 05-24-2010 - 2:55pm

Here's the video of the "dirty deed".

Her Weight Watcher's income must have dryed-up.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/video/?videoId=2160_823094&videoChannel=NOTW:News

Prince Andrew Didn't Know Sarah Was Trying To Sell Access, Palace Says

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2010/05/sarah_ferguson_prince_andrew_s.html

Here's a "second-day" headline that may not come as too much of a surprise:

"Duke Of York 'Unaware' Of Ex-Wife Meeting With Reporter." (BBC News)

In case you were so wrapped up in Lost's last episode yesterday that you somehow missed the news, the Duchess of York (better known to Americans as Sarah Ferguson, former wife of Britain's Prince Andrew), was secretly filmed, by a reporter for News of the World, "plotting to sell access to her trade envoy ex-hubby and taking a $40,000 cash deposit." At one point in the videos, which you can watch at that News of the World link, about $40,000 in cash is literally on the table in front of the duchess.

And she was caught talking about accepting even more money -- a lot more, in fact -- in exchange for arranging access to Andrew. "Five hundred thousand pounds, when you can, to me ... open doors," Fergie says.

Now, as the BBC reports, Buckingham Palace is moving quickly to make clear that Andrew's position is that he knew nothing about all this. Said a spokesman:

"The Duke of York categorically denies any knowledge of any meeting or conversation between the Duchess of York and the News of the World journalist. Since 2001 he has carried out his role of Special Representative with complete and absolute propriety and integrity."

For her part, Fergie has expressed deep regret for her actions and also said that Andrew wasn't involved, as the Times of London writes.

"It is true that my financial situation is under stress," the duchess said in a statement. "However, that is no excuse for a serious lapse in judgment and I am very sorry that this has happened. I can confirm that the Duke of York was not aware or involved in any of the discussions that occurred."

medium

Edited to correct my spelling. :[

Edited 5/25/2010 9:10 am ET by libraone

Photobucket&nbs

Community Leader
Tue, 05-25-2010 - 7:41am
She claims she's broke. I think she must have had a terrible divorce attorney because you'd think she'd be set for life. I probably have a terrible imagination but I don't see how these people spend fortunes like that.

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-25-2010 - 9:16am

She's probably down to her last million. 'Poor thing'.

"don't see how these people spend fortunes like that."

They don't live in the same stratosphere we do.

medium

Photobucket&nbs

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-25-2010 - 9:54am
Fergie to Move to U.S.?
Following Scheme to Sell Access to Ex, Longtime Friend Says Duchess May Look for Fresh Start in New York

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/05/25/earlyshow/leisure/celebspot/main6517054.shtml

Photobucket&nbs

Community Leader
Tue, 05-25-2010 - 11:27am
Exactly. Who knew a Birkin bag could cost $50,000 and that people fight to get them? Maybe she should go on Dancing with the Stars. She would be perfect for it. Celebrity Apprentice? Bachelorette? Endless reality show possibilities.;-)

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-25-2010 - 12:00pm
LOL She should hook-up with the gate-crashes at that state dinner.
medium

Photobucket&nbs