Justices to review sodomy laws

iVillage Member
Justices to review sodomy laws
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 10:05am
Despite being a conservative majority in the court, I hope this barbaric law and other similiar state laws will be struck down today.

Despite what religious and conseravtive groups might say, it matters not what goes on in someone elses bedrooms.

Of course, those same groups oppose striking these laws down because heaven forbid, GAYS/LESBIANS MIGHT BE ABLE TO MARRY one day and feel more like normal people.

Probably won't get any, but eagerly awaiting any opinions from those who are FOR these sodomy laws.

Link: http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2003-03-24-court-usat_x.htm

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 12:58pm
Well, it's never really said aloud, but many gays/lesbians are discriminated against for their orientation and it's allowed in states that have laws like this on the books.

Besides, anyone who really cares about anothers orientation, resides in the closet themselves most of the time.

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 12:42pm
I'll agree with you Jeffery, I would rather not know what goes on behind a lot of bedroom doors, quite frankly, and would prefer the government be even less concerned.
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 10:54am
Curious, can anyone cite a logical arguement AGAINST sodomy without resorting to your Bibles? Just wondering because I haven't heard one but I am open to debate.

Leah