Cont. or M. Moore discussion arch. board

iVillage Member
Cont. or M. Moore discussion arch. board
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 11:21am
To Quaft1 regarding my credibility. I don't understand your question. What do I have to prove to you or anyone else on this board about my credibility to state my opinion? In my response to Moores letter I specifically addressed his citation of the Pope, something I found inconsistant with his usual anti-church posture. I therefor questioned that citation since it seemed hipocritical to cite the the Roman church only when convenient.

In the case of Mr. Moore, he is a public figure, an identifiable icon who has clearly stated positions and opinions in the public forum. I don't agree with him, I think he has a very strongly slanted opinion which he expresses by sliding between cute, silly and unfactual hyperbolic statements, and boiler plate left wing rhetoric without distinguishing between them. He offers nothing of defensible substance to the public debate and should be considered left wing entertainment at most. That is my opinion, do I need to convince you of my qualifications to state my opinion?

Asking me what credibility I have in criticizing him is inappropriate. The resulting threads which you shared with Mohadib went in the direction of making a personal attack on me, but did nothing to defend Moores letter. Mohadib is famous on these boards for attacking people with all sorts of sarcastic vitriol without ever really stating anything other than jingoistic rhetoric, is that the camp in which you reside also?

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-17-2003 - 3:45am
Don't expect nanderle to respond to anything unless you fall all over yourself agreeing with her. She can dish it out but she can't take it. And you're right about John Grisham. He's a southern lawyer turned fiction writer with an undergraduate degree from Mississippi State and a JD from Ole Miss. But if a left wing extremist says he's an intellectual, by God he must be!

Pages