Cont. or M. Moore discussion arch. board

iVillage Member
Cont. or M. Moore discussion arch. board
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 11:21am
To Quaft1 regarding my credibility. I don't understand your question. What do I have to prove to you or anyone else on this board about my credibility to state my opinion? In my response to Moores letter I specifically addressed his citation of the Pope, something I found inconsistant with his usual anti-church posture. I therefor questioned that citation since it seemed hipocritical to cite the the Roman church only when convenient.

In the case of Mr. Moore, he is a public figure, an identifiable icon who has clearly stated positions and opinions in the public forum. I don't agree with him, I think he has a very strongly slanted opinion which he expresses by sliding between cute, silly and unfactual hyperbolic statements, and boiler plate left wing rhetoric without distinguishing between them. He offers nothing of defensible substance to the public debate and should be considered left wing entertainment at most. That is my opinion, do I need to convince you of my qualifications to state my opinion?

Asking me what credibility I have in criticizing him is inappropriate. The resulting threads which you shared with Mohadib went in the direction of making a personal attack on me, but did nothing to defend Moores letter. Mohadib is famous on these boards for attacking people with all sorts of sarcastic vitriol without ever really stating anything other than jingoistic rhetoric, is that the camp in which you reside also?

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 1:14pm
Lucky me, my lambasting of Moore didn't get anything. Hmmm or was it too heady? LOL who knows, for anyone interested here it is

http://messageboards.ivillage.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=iv-elinthenews&msg=4614.16

take care, Becky

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 1:43pm
Becky, there was nothing but scorched earth and a big old crater left after you were done!
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 3:00pm
wait a minute there are people who are MUCH WORSE than him. I don't mean you, but other people who seem not to have any love in themselves.
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 6:29pm
Mr. Moore is an idiotic slob but he's free to express his opinion. The problem I have is that the Hollywood morons use gatherings like the Academy Awards to express their radical rantings. Mr. Moore seems to think that most Americans agree with him. Check out O'Reilly's poll regarding that issue @billoreilly.com.
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 7:54pm
O'Reilly's Poll? ROTFLMAO ! Who cares what the KnuckleDraggers who watch that stooge think.
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 2:01pm
Thank you mohadib. I don't care what HE says. Even if this "fantastic" O'Reilly didn't manipulate his website I don't care about him. I don't think he is intellectual and well-educated. I DO care what artists and writers like J.Grisham or Alan Cohen say, because I think they know A LOT more than O'Reilly.
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 4:58pm
Apparently a lot of people not only care what Mr. O'Reilly has to say, they keep tuning in because a vast majority of people know that there will not be as much political spin as with other new programs. Notice that I say as much, because no matter how much Bill tries to say that his show is a "No Spin Zone", there have been many times that there has been some spin, although it is generally minimalized.

If you think that nobody cares, why does his show get more viewers than CNN, MSNBC and CNBC combined for the same time slot!?!

Phil Donahue tried to run his show against him, and he lasted three months.

Connie Chung, who does know the news and how to report it, just had her show cancelled as well.

I am not saying that I think that he is right on every subject, but I think the viewers have spoken loud and clear on this one.

In a way, he is sort of like the Howard Stern of TV......you may not like him but you just keep watching to see what happens next.

Now, regarding the poll on the website? While I do feel that many people do not agree with what Mr. Moore may have said, I don't think that the poll is an accurate reflection of the real numbers.

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-01-2003 - 7:55pm
and who cares what atheist pinko slimeballs think?
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-04-2003 - 7:00am
I'd love to see a debate between two Michaels. Michael Moore and Michael Savage.
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 6:30pm
Gosh, there sure seems to be a double standard here. If you disagree with someone who is politically incorrect it automatically renders them stupid. You mentioned that you don't care for O'Reilly my dear Nanderle and that you don't think he is well educated. I have to say that I don't really care for the way he comes across but my husband does. I do agree with most of his views however. By the way Nanderle, Mr. O'Reilly has two masters degrees, one from Harvard. What in your opinion constitutes an "intellectual"?

Pages