From the Archive, for car al

iVillage Member
From the Archive, for car al
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 6:21am
car al-what in the world are you refering to as a cheap shot?
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 4:59pm
When you asked if quaft1's response to troopsupporter wasn't so anti-Bush and anti-capitalism as to be pro-Saddam, this was the same as asking if he'd finally stopped beating his wife, hence my "cheap shot" post.

Quaft 1's post specifically states, "Is Hussein one of the most despicable humans to ever exist? OF COURSE HE IS. No intelligent and compassionate person would feel otherwise. It is an absolutely stupid reaction of anyone to accuse anti-war protesters of supporting Hussein." Painting everyone, who is critical of the Bush administration, as pro-Saddam is a "cheap shot".

BTW, although as a peace advocate, I am anti-war, my country is at war and I am no longer debating this issue. However, I still support the right of others to express their opinions and I'll continue to comment on some of these.

C

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-31-2003 - 6:42am
Tortured reading of what I said-but you're welcome to it.

BTW-some doesn't mean all and it is apparent that SOME only have negative things to say about the Administration-a point regularly witnessed by the signs, posters, slogans, and statements illustrating that point with FEWER to NONE claiming that Saddam Hussein is an awful hated man. Whether quaft fits into that category or not is irrelevant to me-what is, is that it was clearly a TOPIC POINT OF INTEREST to be discussed as to motivation of SOME protestors.