President Bush's pre-emptive War!

iVillage Member
President Bush's pre-emptive War!
Thu, 04-03-2003 - 8:23pm
George W. Bush Must Answer to the People. That's what a democracy is all about. I LOVE MY COUNTRY AND I HAVE BEEN PRAYING EVERY DAY FOR OUR SOLDIERS SAFE RETURN AND FOR THE SAFETY OF OUR PEOPLE HERE IN AMERICA AND THE CIVILIANS IN IRAQ. Go to the link at the bottom for more information on impeachment proceedings. Most of us realize that George W. Bush will not be impeached because of the Republican majority in Congress. But putting him through an impeachment proceeding may show him and the world that the American people are not imperialists and that when our President starts a war of aggression, we fight to get him out of office.

I have already signed up to impeach Mr. Bush and Mr. Cheney. It doesn't cost a penny and you don't need to do anything else. But, we do need to get Bush to listen to the American people and if this is the only way, so be it!

Since "his war" has begun, we are losing our allies in Europe and elsewhere because they think Bush is POWER HUNGRY and WANTS IRAQ'S OIL. Also, terrorists from Syria, Saudia Arabia, and Iran are heading for Iraq to fight the U.S. And North Korea is producing nuclear weapons, BUT Mr. Bush thinks that can be worked out diplomatically! Talk about being two-faced or talking out of both sides of his mouth!

This was adapted from Ramsey Clark's address to the half a million demonstrators at the January 18th National March on Washington to Stop the War on Iraq organized by International A.N.S.W.E.R. (Act Now to Stop War & End Racism).

The U.S. Constitution provides the means for preventing George W. Bush from engaging in a war of aggression against Iraq, and from advancing a first strike potentially nuclear preemptive war. It's called impeachment.

High Crimes and Misdemeanors

Impeachment is the direct constitutional means for removing a President, Vice President or other civil officers of the United States who has acted or threatened acts that are serious offenses against the Constitution, its system of government, or the rule of law, or that are conventional crimes of such a serious nature that they would injure the Presidency if there was no removal.

A Constitutional Imperative

Impeachment appears six times in the U.S. Constitution. The Founders weren't concerned with anything more than with impeachment because they had lived under King George III and had in 1776 accused the king of all the things that George W. Bush wants to do: Usurpation of the power of the people; Being above the law; Criminal abuse of authority.

Power Remains in the Hands of the People

Impeachment is the means by which We The People of the United States and our elected representatives in Congress can prevent further crimes by the President and the human catastrophe they threaten and force accountability for crimes committed.

Save the Constitution, the U.N., and Countless Human Lives

Congressional proceedings for impeachment can bring about open, fearless consideration of the most dangerous acts and threats ever committed by an American President. If courageously pursued, they can save our Constitution, the United Nations, the rule of law, the lives of countless people and leave open the possibility of peace on earth.

The Time for Action is Now

Each of us must take a stand on impeachment now, or bear the burden of having failed to speak in this hour of maximum peril.

Notes for the Consideration of the Impeachment of President George W. Bush, Vice President Richard B. Cheney, Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld, and Attorney General John David Ashcroft

1. Provisions on Impeachment in the U.S. Constitution

2. British Experience With Imperial Power and Abuse

3. The Intention of the Founders to Grant the Power of Impeachment

4. Impeachment of U.S. Presidents

5. President George W. Bush and Other Named Officials of the U.S. Have Committed Impeachable Offenses of Unprecedented Danger to the Constitution and People of the United States

6. We Must Act Now to Prevent Catastrophe and Ensure Accountability

Go to this web-site to read more detailed information and to show your support:

http://www.votetoimpeach.org/

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-04-2003 - 7:21am
Ummm, ya can't impeach a dude because you don't like him.

Want to make a difference, vote in 2004.

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-04-2003 - 9:19am
<<>>

Great...I think most would agree with you here.

<<>>

You have got to be kidding me?? Most of us?? May I suggest that you check the polls...I believe now that over 70% of Americans agree with President Bush and the way he is handling this war.

<<>>

Do you really believe that? Whatever...I guess you wasted your time.

<<>>

N. Korea isn't going to get into this...As for the other countries you named...Please...They all have a vested interest in this war. They love getting cheap oil. This isn't about war for us...If it were Bush would be under the table with other leaders to get it cheap.

<<>>

Nevr heard of it...I doubt many have either.

<<>>

Oh good grief?? Nuclear?? *sigh* A war of aggression?? *sigh*

<<
Impeachment is the direct constitutional means for removing a President, Vice President or other civil officers of the United States who has acted or threatened acts that are serious offenses against the Constitution, its system of government, or the rule of law, or that are conventional crimes of such a serious nature that they would injure the Presidency if there was no removal.

A Constitutional Imperative

Impeachment appears six times in the U.S. Constitution. The Founders weren't concerned with anything more than with impeachment because they had lived under King George III and had in 1776 accused the king of all the things that George W. Bush wants to do: Usurpation of the power of the people; Being above the law; Criminal abuse of authority.

Power Remains in the Hands of the People

Impeachment is the means by which We The People of the United States and our elected representatives in Congress can prevent further crimes by the President and the human catastrophe they threaten and force accountability for crimes committed.>>>

None of these have anything to do with President Bush.

<<
Congressional proceedings for impeachment can bring about open, fearless consideration of the most dangerous acts and threats ever committed by an American President. If courageously pursued, they can save our Constitution, the United Nations, the rule of law, the lives of countless people and leave open the possibility of peace on earth.>>>

Save the constitution? Bet you werent saying that during the election when you people were crying over Gore's loss. You all hated the constitution then. The UN is useless always has been. The possibility of Peace on Earth...If that were to ever be possible I would agree with you. Sorry but it just isn't.

<<
Each of us must take a stand on impeachment now, or bear the burden of having failed to speak in this hour of maximum peril.>>>

Once again...You will be a minority.

<<
1. Provisions on Impeachment in the U.S. Constitution

2. British Experience With Imperial Power and Abuse

3. The Intention of the Founders to Grant the Power of Impeachment

4. Impeachment of U.S. Presidents

5. President George W. Bush and Other Named Officials of the U.S. Have Committed Impeachable Offenses of Unprecedented Danger to the Constitution and People of the United States

6. We Must Act Now to Prevent Catastrophe and Ensure Accountability

Go to this web-site to read more detailed information and to show your support:

>>" TARGET="_blank">http://www.votetoimpeach.org/>>>

Imperial Power?? Abuse?? What impeachable offenses?? Danger to the Constitution?? Catastrophe?? Unebelieveable...I guess you really believe this stuff. Sorry but your website will be a huge waste of time. We the majority support our President. Those who don't...i.e. Dixie Chicks, Pearl Jam (Eddie Vedder), and Micheal Moore...Just to name a few are suffering from walk outs and Boo's. The American People are speaking loud and clear...WE support you President Bush, VP Cheney, and Colin Powell and ESPECIALLY OUR TROOPS. May I suggest instead of this website why not put your energy into donating a phone card, sending baby wipes, or being a penpal to a soldier. These are useful things your website is ridiculous.

send to a friend

print

bookmark

report a violation

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-04-2003 - 9:47am
. . . . and a fine pre-emptive war it is, too!!!

Smash Iraq down FOREVER.

No peace and no justice!!

Today Baghdad, tomorrow Mecca!!!

REMEMBER THE 9-11 JUMPERS AND OUR MURDERED AMERICAN POW'S!!!!!!

:-)

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-04-2003 - 9:59am
Booyah, we now have an ignore feature!
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 11:40am
I'd love to see The Shrub impeached. Unfortunately, the American people and the media seem to buy all of the BS coming from this administration. As a result, our President Select won't be impeached.
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 7:41pm
It seems as though you are as informed as your idol, Ramsey Clark.

Apparently the former Attorney General really does not know the law when it comes to impeachment. He never said a word when Bill Clinton lied under oath to a judge, and was caught by the way. He did this to protect his own butt, which is a natural thing to do.

Well, I saw the ad that Ramsey Clark took out in the New York Times, and wrote him a letter, which is as follows:

Dear Ramsey:

I saw the ad placed by your organization in the March 19 New York Times, and I am appalled to say the least. Actually it made me sick to my stomach.

I cannot understand how you were the former Attorney General of the United States, yet you have no comprehension of the Constitution of the United States, and the rules for impeachment. You must not know the Constitution or the laws pertaining to it, which is sad as you were the head law-enforcement officer in the United States. The only thing that would explain this to me is that you are a bitter, powerless old man, who used to be someone important, and now the only way people take notice of you is by your inflammatory remarks against the current administration, or the high profile lunatics you choose to defend.

President Bush is in full compliance with United Nations article 1441, amongst several other UN articles dealing with the madman in Iraq, including UN article 678 and 687, which give, and I quote “UN Member States "to use all necessary means to uphold and implement resolution 660 and all subsequent relevant resolutions and to restore international peace and security in the area."” This does not even take into the fact that the administration also has FULL CONRESSIONAL AUTHORIZATION for use of force which passed by a huge margin, or did your feeble mind seem to forget that point. I did not see anything in the newspapers when former President Bill Clinton bombed Iraq, or sent troops to Bosnia without either going to the United Nations for approval from the Security Council, or going to Congress to ask for permission? Why the double standard? The only reason is because extreme left wing liberals are jealous that there is finally someone in the White House with the integrity to do the best job for the American people.

Also, according to the latest polls by the liberal media, between 67 and 71% of the people of the United States of America SUPPORT military action against Saddam Hussein and his regime in Iraq.

It seems to me that you are just one of the ultra-liberal people in this country who are still crying that President Bush stole the election, when in fact he won the election fairly under the Constitution of The United States, the same document you claim the current administration is in violation of.

If I remember correctly, you are the lunatic who defended Sheik Omar El-Rahman, and Serbian leader Radovan Karadzic. You truly are a very sick and demented human being. These men did not deserve representation, they deserved to die a horrible and painful death as they wielded or attempted to inflict on thousands of innocent people. You truly are twisted. Have you had a lobotomy that was not reported after you left office?

In reading your letter to Kofi Annan, the Secretary General of the UN, I see that you state that Iraq has been the victim of U.S. aggression for 12 years??? The facts, which all of you extreme left wing liberals hate to use because they generally prove your ideas and theories to be wrong, are that Iraq surrendered after the Gulf War, and under the terms of surrender, they were to totally disarm, and dismantle ALL of their weapons of mass destruction, and agreed to have UN weapons inspectors monitor his disarmament. Well, as you and everyone else who has an IQ above 50 know, this never happened. All Saddam Hussein did is play cat and mouse with the UN, and its Security Council, which is a pathetic excuse of a national watchdog. If it were up to the United Nations, and we waited for them to act, Saddam Hussein would be in control of the entire Middle East, and all the UN would do is say don’t do that...it is not right. Please!

If you and your organization actually believe that President Bush is as bad as you portray him to be, why don’t you and all of your followers leave the country and go live in a place that would suit your political ideals better, like France?......You and Jacques Chirac are made for one another.

Perhaps you and Mr. Clark should both brush up on the facts.

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-08-2003 - 3:16pm
The correct term is President Elect. According to the Constitution of the United States, George Bush was lawfully and correctly elected President of the United States.

The electoral college process was instituted so that a candidate needed to carry more than just the major cities which is what Al Gore did.

To all the people out there who are still complaining about the election, you really should get over it because it is over 2 years ago, and the right person was put into the White House.

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-08-2003 - 3:32pm
--

To all the people out there who are still complaining about the election, you really should get over it because it is over 2 years ago

--

No, never get over it. Get out and vote instead. Face it, Clinton's penis and his lying cost Gore the election.

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-08-2003 - 8:33pm
Not to mention that I have seen fish that have a better personality than Al Gore...nt
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-09-2003 - 6:09am
No Bush will not be impeached because of his 80% APPROVAL rating! End of story!

Pages