Does PresBush Have Intestinal Fortitude?

iVillage Member
Does PresBush Have Intestinal Fortitude?
Fri, 04-04-2003 - 1:41am
Some call it guts. Others call it resolve.

Many call it reflux.

http://www.geocities.com/georgeoilwell/Oilwellian.html

GOP ... G 4 Gastric?

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-04-2003 - 4:20pm
You can't use "Guts" and "bush" in the same sentence. He has demonstrated when he went AWOL during Viet Nam and when he hid in a bunker on 9/11 that he is "Gutless".
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-06-2003 - 10:34am
.....when he hid in a bunker on 911?

What exactly was he supposed to do? Pull a Rambo and go on a rampage to get the bad guys himself?

Or as a target, stay safe?

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 8:47am
Does it matter? He's a lame one term president, who will be known for enraging the Arab world, straining long term alliances and letting the US economy take a back seat to controversial, expensive war after weapons of mass destruction that don't exist.

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 2:51pm
Don't count on him being a one term president. He has shown a lot of courage and fortitude and when the smoke clears (which is happening as we speak) a lot of his opposition will have a lot of hemming and hawing to do. It is easy to give in to pressure, to cave under relentless personal attack. To follow convictions despite being mercilessly ridiculed by what is represented as "the majority" of the world takes guts. It's easy to get people to like you by telling them what they want to hear, at which Bush's predecessor excelled, by way of example.

Ofcourse, his sworn enemies will just back peddle to new interpretations and new suspicions and accusations to try to save face. I will enjoy watching it while at the same time find it very annoying that peoples egos just can't allow them to admit they are wrong. You are and have been repeatedly wrong, but I know you won't ever be able to admit it. Those too much in love with their own opinions can't ever admit being wrong. Even though there is nothing funny about this, let's see who has the last laugh.

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 3:34pm

ROTFLMAO !

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 5:09pm
Continuing to yawn......
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 7:32pm
Well if you haven't seen the recent polls (Gallop, NBC, NY Times, etc), this "lame one term President" has an overall approval rating of 68%, and over 74% of Americans are supporting the actions in Iraq. This approval rating is higher than "Slick Willie" enjoyed this far into his first term....Also, Democrats are getting nervous because the economy is showing signs of coming to life. If this happens, you will see more Democratic heads roll at election time than those of the GOP, but if the war takes too much longer, and the economy doesn't at least show some signs of improvement, the reverse has a very strong chance of happening, beginning with President Bush.

With reference to your point about the Arab nations, read your history, they have never really liked the United States, they only need us to be dependent on their oil. If you really want to see them get pissed at us, watch what happens if the US ever comes up with an alternative fuel source. (Which should happen in the next 10 years or so) That will be interesting.

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 8:05pm
Hey I won't object to you calling Clinton "Slick Willie" if you don't object to me calling bush "Bunker Boy".
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 8:27pm
Doesnt matter to me, but I would rather have a person with moral fortitude like "Bunker Boy" be my President over an immoral man like "Slick Willie" any day.

Besides, you seem to kill your own argument here. Wasn't it Clinton who ran away to England to escape the Vietnam War?????

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 8:58pm
I have never defended Clinton for his College Deferment, but remember bush was the one who ran away from his National Guard Unit for over a year. That's classified a DESERTER under military law. Clinton was a moral failure but bush doesn't have a backbone. If I had to pick one to be in a foxhole with, I wouldn't pick the Coward. Would You?

Pages