Question for the intelectually superior

iVillage Member
Question for the intelectually superior
Fri, 04-04-2003 - 5:27am
people who post here. Let's suppose that several Muslim countries decided to invade several European countries like France, Sweeden, Denmark, the Netherlands and some other countries that aren't equipped to defend themselves. What do you think the response should be? Please don't respond by saying that it could never happen. Humor me and just respond like it could.

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-04-2003 - 8:58am
I am categorically unqualified to offer an answer because of the manner in which the question is asked.
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-04-2003 - 9:18am
Obviously it is a hypothetical situation,but I would compare it with the invasion of Kuwait. As I recall, many thought diplomacy would have convinced that lunatic Sadaam to leave.
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-04-2003 - 9:40am
Why may only the inteLLectually superior people respond to this?

Leah

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-04-2003 - 10:02am
---

Obviously it is a hypothetical situation,but I would compare it with the invasion of Kuwait. As I recall, many thought diplomacy would have convinced that lunatic Sadaam to leave.

---

Except for the fact the US ambassador to those countries wouldn't give a go-ahead for the invasion, or say afterward 'I didn't think they'd take all of it'

You want 'the Intelectually superior' but give a pretty limp analogy to it. Do you know much about the politics that led up to the invasion of Kuwait?

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-04-2003 - 2:24pm
Good Point jeffrey! People either forget or are completely unaware of the April Glasby situation concerning the invasion of Kuwait.

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-05-2003 - 7:47am
I'm disappointed that a couple of people haven't jumped into this discussion since they view themselves as intellectually superior. I believe that the people I have in mind are Europeans so in their own minds they're super intelligent. One made an idiotic comment that she didn't like Bill O'Reilly and since she didn't like him he obviously is "not very well educated". Hell, I thought the sarcasm in my original post was rather obvious.
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 8:41am
Because it wasn't what I would call an intellectually superior question, maybe take it to some of those war mongering clowns on the War in Iraq board, you'll probably find the answers you're looking for.

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 2:37pm
so you see yourself as intellectual superior and others who disagree with you as clowns? That's pretty revealing.
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 3:52pm
wow, there's a leap in logic. Jeff said the war-mongers on another board were clowns. He also said that the question wasn't what he would consider intellectually superior to begin with. I think he was suggesting that those intellectual superiors on the other board were a better place to ask your question. He said nothing about his own level of intelligence nor of others.

Hope that helps to clarify things for you.

Leah

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 5:07pm
Let's analyze this.

>>Because it wasn't **what I would call an intellectually superior question**(1), **maybe take it to some of **those war mongering clowns**(2) on the War in Iraq board, you'll probably find the answers you're looking for.

(1)**what I would call an intellectually superior question.** Implies familiarity with "intellectual superiority" to a degree worthy of judgement. Our esteemed Jeffery is an authority on "intellectual superiority" perhaps?

(2)**maybe take it to some of those war mongering clowns** Since this follows the denial that the original question is "intellectually superior", it follows that my good friend and colleague Jeffery deigns it a of a lower level, one fit for "those war mongering clowns" on the Iraq Board, which is in itself a flagrantly pejorative description. There is implicit snobbishness in this, not at all uncommon coming from the left.

Further, it is nice that you view a criticism aimed at a poster other than yourself as something to refute, but it does indicate a partisan loyalty. Anyway, Jeffrey is totally capable of flaming me on his own.

Pages