"Liberated Iraqis"

iVillage Member
"Liberated Iraqis"
Tue, 04-22-2003 - 12:51am
I am wondering how do Americans who were/are pro-war, feel about Iraqi's chanting anti - american slogans? does that make you angry at these ungratefull people, who were "liberated" from the worst kind of dictator?

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-22-2003 - 7:30am
Hmunir this post is best posted on the "War on Iraq" board.

Djie

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-22-2003 - 5:12pm
Why? Isn't this a topic that is newsworthy? Some of us don't have time and energy to read an entire Board devoted to one topic.

I'd be interested in reading an answer to the question.

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-23-2003 - 12:50am
To my knowledge "WAR ON IRAQ" was over. So this makes Iraq a topic in politics.
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-23-2003 - 2:11am
It's not over yet. I just thought you'd get more response there than here (zero so far) and my not so wild guess is that getting response was the point of your post. But well do as you please eh?

Djie

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-23-2003 - 9:43am
It's coming out exactly as I thought it would. Yes, they had no love lost for Saddam, but they feel even less for Americans.

And now, we're seeing a great demand for an Islamic Theocracy form of Government, once the United States opposess it and installs their own people, much of the anti-war argument will come true.

No WMD found, and probably won't be and now there's talk of installing an oil pipeline to Israel.

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-24-2003 - 2:35pm
All I can say is:

Thanks a lot Hawks, no WMD's, no liberation, no americans wanted in Iraq.

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-27-2003 - 4:31pm
It does upset me a little bit, but they are getting a taste of democracy and the right to speak when they want and about who they disagree with. does that make sense????
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-29-2003 - 11:02am
That is your opinion.

Just the fact that the people of Iraq can now stand in the street and voice their opinions is proof that the country has been liberated. Liberation does not mean they should be in the streets praising America as it's saviour, although many people have done so.

With regard to the WMD's they have found evidence that they either do, or did exist, and they will find more evidence.

They have already linked Iraq with Osama Bin Laden, so basically all the reasons that Bush used for the war are being proven one by one.

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-29-2003 - 11:10am
There's no link worth writing home about. It's a shared state of hating Saudi's and discloses no plot against the United States, nor any Iraqi knowledge or participation in any Al Queda attacks. Even the Pentagon is playing down this so-called link.

Everyone knows WMD used to be in Iraq, the issue was the immediate threat to the United States, based on so-called intelligence that Iraq was developing programs and threatening to use them on The United States. It's not even close to being proven and the clearest evidence the United States presented, turned out to be out-dated and outright forged documents.

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-29-2003 - 12:41pm
Well apparently you have not been watching the recent news. On Sunday, they found hundreds of documents detailing meetings between Hussein and his cabinet members, and Osama Bin Laden's envoys. There were several meetings as well.

I wish they would let the documents go public so we know what the context of the meetings were.

Pages