Boy those celebs really crack me up

iVillage Member
Boy those celebs really crack me up
Fri, 04-25-2003 - 3:05am
That clown that Susan Saranwrap is shacking up with is whining about being victimized by those of us who also have a right to express opinions. And that goofy twit with the Dixie Chicks just seems to dig the hole deeper. I suppose it is all part of Saint Hillary's right wing conspiracy!

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-25-2003 - 10:11am
Just to illustrate:

They have a crackpot opinion, that is heard by millions. You have a crackpot opinion that is read by a few dozen.

What's the difference?

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-25-2003 - 12:33pm
LOL!
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-25-2003 - 3:38pm
I guess the difference is that I'm not a celebrity and I didn't piss off a lot of people who buy cds and tickets. I guess I just pissed off a couple of crackpots who have a different point of view than my own.
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-25-2003 - 5:03pm
Conservatives crack me up. What's the matter aren't we allowed to critize the Shrub and his gang? Please remember we don't live in Nazi Germany. Last time a checked this was a free country, which means we are allowed to critize our leaders (even our Selected Leaders)! I admire Susan Saradon and The Dixie Chicks for protesting our Selected President and his unjust war!
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-25-2003 - 7:22pm
I agree! And those of us who listen to CW are free to decide who we can listen to and we can choose not to buy CDs. In the case of the Dixie Chicks the Country-Western audience made them multi-millionaires, and we can choose not to support them. I'll bet you never heard of the Dixie Chicks before the controversial statement by Maines. I'm sure you are too enlightened to listen to their kind of music. As for Sarandon and her "partner's" statements sure they are free to express their views, but they shouldn't claim that they are "victims". Like it or not honey, there are a lot of us who support Pres. Bush and the war.
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-25-2003 - 11:32pm
It's not a question of anyone "not being allowed" to criticize the president or anyone else. It's about these actors/singers/etc complaining now that people have reacted unfavorably to their comments and statements. Apparently those actors/artists either forgot or were merely unaware that while they do indeed have the right to state their opinions, not everyone is likely to share those opinions and that there may in fact be adverse consequences to them publicly making those statements. Their fans are just as free to make their opinions known as the artists are, and now the artists are whining about THAT not being fair.

I suppose freedom of speech is a great thing, until of course it comes back around to bite you on the rear. Then it's suddenly "unfair". Perhaps they'll remember after this that it's often better to keep your opinions to yourself if you don't want to have to deal with the consequences of making them public.

~mark~

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-26-2003 - 4:01pm
You are wrong! I even own a Dixie Chicks CD. It is your right to support the Shrub and his war on Iraq.
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-27-2003 - 4:27pm
The problem with these celebs are they think the world revolves around them, and their opinions! They also think they are above all of us, and they have also forgotten that "WE" are their customers, and "WE" may choose to shop elsewhere! Example if you own a retail store you want to make your customers happy well....I arrest my case! If they are going to speak their mind then they should also remember "WE" are the ones who support them so they can pay their bills! I live in the Los Angeles area I have come in contact with of these people, and I have yet to meet a celeb that hasn't forgotten where they came from! Most are total jerks!!! Whew! I feel better now!
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-27-2003 - 8:51pm
>>The problem with these celebs are they think the world revolves around them, and their opinions!

If it doesn’t then why are so many finding THIS much interest in what these people have to say?

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-27-2003 - 10:56pm
Umm ashley,last time I checked there wasn't a Nazi germany anymore.Its been a few years but I would hope someone would have written me an email.

Annie

Pages