Ann Coulter may be Satan himself!!!

iVillage Member
Ann Coulter may be Satan himself!!!
Fri, 06-20-2003 - 1:15pm
Just needed to get this off my chest...

Ann Coulter's new book TREASON is a repugnant piece of trash in which she accuses anyone who isn't a Republican of being unpatriotic and guilty of treason. This just makes me sick, it's in direct violation of principles of freedom of expression and religious tolerance that our country was founded on. I can't understand how Republicans can see people who are Democrats as traitors to the country merely because they disagree on how it should be run, or whether we believe in war. Standing up for what you believe in is and actually caring about what happens in your counrty is the most patriotic thing any person can do. Furthermore giving a damn about the other 3.5 billion people on the planet is certainly no sin, nor should anyone in America ( the most priviledged nation on the planet by far) feel the way for our country to move forward is to symbolically flip the bird to the rest of the planet. Have we forgotten the lessons of history? Whenever any rich group becomes arrogant the poor and disenfranchised rise up and attack. It happened during the French and Russian revolutions, the fall of Rome, the slow demise of the English empire, must we march towards the same fate???

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-20-2003 - 5:35pm
I just read some excerpts from her book which are posted on the Drudge Report site, and I really wish that I hadn't wasted the three minutes of my life it took to read them. I'd ignore her alltogether except that she's so good at what she does (inflame and incite) that she's now a permenant fixture on what used to be the talkshow circuit, and is now sadly called the News. She has the ability to make me angry in 3 seconds flat. I get the feeling she would really like to just start hanging people.

Take this excerpt for instance: "Whether they are defending the Soviet Union or bleating for Saddam Hussein, liberals are always against America. They are either traitors or idiots, and on the matter of America’s self-preservation, the difference is irrelevant. Fifty years of treason hasn’t slowed them down."

The intent of most polical arguments is to bring people around to your way of thinking. Coulter is obviously past that. She just wants applause from the choir. Then she's gonna start handing out pitchforks to the villagers.

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-20-2003 - 6:21pm
There is the question about the Adam's Apple.I don't think that anyone takes him/her seriously.
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-20-2003 - 6:36pm
Don't worry about Ann Coulter. I only read her columns for a good laugh. She another fool who supports the Shrub and his gang!
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-20-2003 - 9:32pm
Ahh

It's always nice to know I'm not the only sane person in America. After flipping past Fox news I was beginning to wonder...
iVillage Member
Sun, 06-22-2003 - 9:07pm
Heh. I had just heard of Ann Coulter very recently and wouldn't even attempt to read anything by her. So from what I have heard of her, yes, she may be Satan.
iVillage Member
Sun, 06-22-2003 - 9:39pm
Ann Coulter, Yeah she's a freakin' idiot!!!!!! Next.....
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-23-2003 - 6:14am
Well hi, since you never read anything by Ann Coulter...maybe read this column and then tell me again: <<"yes, she may be Satan">> ?

I enjoy reading her and whether I agree with her or not (doesn't really matter does it?), she's thought-provoking and has a sharp (sometimes wicked) witt IMO.

I happen to agree with her POV in this column :).

Meet a bit of Ann Coulter!

Djie

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-23-2003 - 6:51am
Well I'd better include a link eh? Sorry about that.....

http://www.anncoulter.org/columns/2003/060403.htm

Djie

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-23-2003 - 11:28am
I haven't read the book in question, but I am familiar with the author who I will agree is a partisan apologist for republican politics. I am not offended by her since I see her writing as a blatant attempt to balance what conservatives feel is an unbalanced PR mill that favors liberals. In juxtaposition, conservatives are offended by Michael Moore who from their point of view is equally vitriolic, supercillious, and flagrantly slanted.

In my opinion, politics has become way too partisan in both conservative and liberal camps. Writers such as these are symptoms of that condition and I don't trust either side.

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-24-2003 - 1:00pm
This is typical leftist rant as you have not read the book yet, so how do you know what it says.

Pages