Steal California

iVillage Member
Steal California
Mon, 06-30-2003 - 1:41pm
Recall California Governor.

It's a preparation for Bush's election of 2004.

California is a state with big votes. When they activate resource to recall Governor, they aimed at President election of 2004.

What's wrong with Gray Davis? Had he had a personal affair with a woman? Or Did he start an unnecessary war with Iraq? Nothing. It's only the slow economy. But the whole US are facing an economy downturn. Why do they pick up California?

They want a Republican Governor in 2004. That they can do some dirty tricks in voting without being investigated. Just like what happened in Florida election on 2000.

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-30-2003 - 1:59pm
LOL! Here we go again...

Davis is under a recall threat due to his dismal approval ratings, his mishandling of various issues which have faced California in the last few years. The public feels that he didn't effectively deal with those issues, and can't be depended on to do with such issues in the future, so a certain percentage want to see if he can be removed from office.

It's nothing like the 2000 Presidential election Kat, so you can give that up now. Or you can waste everyones time trying to draw nonexistant parallels between the two. On the whole though, you'd probably have better luck claiming that one of your x-ray/radar/hocuspocus/tapioca-pudding conspiracy theories is responsible for the recall effort.

~mark~

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-30-2003 - 8:40pm
Heehee...I was gonna post to her myself, but I think you summed it up. Not the Florida vote again...Good grief.
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-01-2003 - 3:54pm
Again, you should do some research before you post.

Gray Davis has run the state into a deficit of over $40 billion.

Gray Davis sat back and watched the state overpay severely for power, when there was absolutely no need for it.

What has Gray Davis done right for the state? Please tell me that.

This has nothing to do with the 2004 Presidential elections, but has everything to do with the people of the state doing what they are legally allowed to do, which is recall an elected official that they feel is not doing the job they elected him to do.

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-01-2003 - 4:37pm
Recalling Gray Davis has nothing to do with next years election. It's my understanding that the people of California just don't think he's done a good job for them.
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-01-2003 - 9:55pm
For the first time on here, we agree on something.
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-02-2003 - 10:59am
Miracles do happen on this board. If the people of California want to recall their governor, then it's their call. I really don't think this recall has anything to do with the 2004 Presidential Election.
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-02-2003 - 4:11pm

A power shortage and price gouging caused deliberately by bush's good friend Ken(Kenny Boy) Lay. Reagans deficit numbers in california were almost 4 times what they are under Davis. This is nothing more than ANOTHER attempt to subvert the will of the people by the republicans. This guy Issel or whatever his name is, can't take getting beat in the election so he tries an end run. Funny how more about his background comes out every day. Quite a number of arrests in his past.

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-02-2003 - 5:04pm
Oh boo hoo hoo. Sorry Dib, but you cannot sit back and say that the 72% of voters polled who disapprove of Davis were all Republicans... there simply aren't enough of them out on the Left Coast to amount to that. No, this disapproval spans political affiliations. And what Reagans deficit numbers were over 20 years ago are rather overtly irrelevant, as the people of California (and not just Republicans) NOW have made it pretty clear that they have lost faith in Davis and his abilities. Hell, even YOU said that he sat back and WATCHED his state drastically overpay for power.

What kind of governance was that?

~mark~

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-02-2003 - 5:32pm
I guess thinking about Reagan has your eyes misted up, otherwise you would have seen that I said the Energy fiasco in California was caused by bush's good buddy Ken Lay. Since republicans constantly criticize past administrations bringing up the Disaster that Reagan was to California is appropriate.
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-02-2003 - 5:41pm
Sigh... more misrepresentation, making claims you have absolutely no foundation or support for. What Reagan did or didn't do over 20 years ago had no relevance there today, nor do my feelings or opinions where Reagan is concerned since he's not in charge there, Davis is. That's merely your way of trying to blame anything and everything on another Republican at the cost of objectivity and honesty, but at least it can be said that you're consistent.

The California energy fiasco was due to gross mismanagement as well as short-sighted energy policies by California politicians, Davis included. They had pretty much put a moratorium on new energy production facilities in spite of the fact that they KNEW that such generating facities were going to be needed to keep up with the increasing demand in California. And as YOU yourself stated, Davis sat back and watched it all happen. Trying to put this off on Lay (an opportunist, to be sure) is nothing less than misdirection. DAVIS is who allowed it all to happen, and California voters recognize this. So should you.

~mark~

Pages